Persuading a Broken Heart

"His wife?" Renee's mouth dropped open when Ally broke the news to her later that afternoon back at the office. "First of all he turns up out of the blue and then lies to you only to tell you he was married while the two of you were having lunch?" She could not believe it, sure everyone thought that Larry and Ally were supposed to be together but that didn't give Renee any excuse for not hating him right now.

"I was shocked too!" Ally exclaimed, her sadness now had turned to rather blunt annoyance. that was quite obvious seeing as the lawyer was talking in run-on sentences. "The audacity of the man, he knew he broke my heart three years ago, that cannot be mistaken! No it can't because how can a girl or more importanly me pop back into singlehood with a snap of my fingers without feeling a huge chunk of emotion? And what's worse is that I let him do it to me again, what is wrong with me Renee?" finally she stopped, groaning from the exhaustive stress that had been pummeled on her, slamming her head onto her desk.

Ally's roomate looked sorrowfully at her, pulling up a chair by the distraught woman, "Look at me Ally, sure you're predictable and anxious but honey there is nothing wrong with you!" Ally, unpersuaded raised her head a bit to look up wearily to Renee. "But can I ask? Why did you have lunch with him if you knew what he was like?"

Ally just sighed returning her head back to it's original position on the desk but before she could do anything else, Renee pulled up from her chair, "Hey!" she shrieked at the unexpected intrusion but Renee was undettered. "Ally," Renee stared Ally sternly in the eyes, she wasn't going to let her run away from this. "I am your roomate, we live together, part of that arrangement means we have to agree to telling each other everything. And I know there's something you're hiding."

"I still love him Renee!" Ally, exasperated blurted out, losing control of her words, she couldn't hold it in any longer. It was true, she was broken inside, and the hard thing was that it was Larry who made her like that. " And all this time I was clinging on to the hope that he and I, that me and him could be an item again. But seeing as he's married, it's washed all that away, he's hurt me more than the others did and I feel so stupid because I put myself in the situation to get myself hurt. It was my fault." She honestly thought the blame should have been put on her, that she trusted him too much.

Renee took a hold of Ally by the shoulders, talking to her like how an older sister would to a troubled younger sibling, "Can you take a moment to breath?" Ally rolled her eyes at this, muttering, "If I do I'm afraid somebody else might get a word in."

Meanwhile, Ling was having troubles of her own. "What's up with you?" Nelle retorted sarcastically a thin smile on her face, "half an hour into the day and not one squeak of a vain comment or any of that snarky attitude." Ling whisked her head round, her slender black locks whipping back as she shot the blonde beauty a sharp stare. The two woman could act as friends but hated each other at the best of times. But that was not exaclty a shocker because both women were beautiful and held airs and graces that one could easily mistake (or even identify) as arrogance. "And what reason do you have to be so chirpy," she snapped, her retaliation as panful as a cat scratch, she was very feisty. "Oh I don't know," Nelle shrugged with a wider smile, enjoying the fact she was able to wind up Ling, "My life is going great, I'm rich, I have a great job, and oh yes, I'm beautiful!" she topped it off with a small giggle, knowing exaclty how to spark the angry tiger in Ling.

"If you were so beautiful why have you not been picked by a man yet?" Ling stabbed another remark to her colleague. If Nelle wanted a fight, then Ling was not afraid to get her hands dirty. Nelle merely laughed it off, "See that's the difference between you and me. I'm waiting for the right man, because unlike you, I have values." Ling, even though she was in a relationship with Richard (the owner of the and also a lawyer), she believed she was every man's dream.