Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins

Start from the beginning

Hey Dan, I'm counting on it. It's been too long x 

I sent it before I could overthink it. "Anything I can get you or do for you before we take off miss?" I looked up and Charlie was standing on the opposite side of the table with a quirked eyebrow. Normally I would be extremely nervous around him and giggle it off, but right now - there was no shortage in confidence...

"Only if there's something you would like to give or do for me", I accentuated my words as I looked him straight in the eyes while twisting my hair and tilting my head to the side, feeling playful. Maybe this was the new me, maybe it had something to do with the text I read when I looked back down at my phone...

I'll see you soon darl'n xx

"I'll have a shot of whiskey and a green apple margarita to wash it down, thank you." I smiled up at him. He reached for my phone and started to tap away at the screen I briefly frowned but then remembered I was trying to be sassy so instead raised an eyebrow - probably looking like an idiot. He placed it back down in front of me, screen still lit. I took a peek and saw my messages open on a new chat.

'Charlie, my pilot'

Now you have my number :) - a message sent from my phone to, what I presume is his.

"I'll be around for a few weeks this summer, we should link up," he said with a smug smile.

Shocked on the inside, I stayed in character on the outside. "We'll see, I have a lot planned." straight-faced, but still sassy. I inwardly pucked at the amount of cheese spewing from my lips.

"You'll make time." He said and then walked off to fetch my drinks. A girl I met earlier returned with my order and placed them both on the table in front of me, she also explained that needed to stay seated while we took off and to strap in for the first half hour. I did as she instructed and downed my whiskey. The burn helped me swallow down the dirty thoughts that had crept their way into my head and I exhaled deeply.

We landed just in time for me to finish my second margarita and my last email. I kissed Charlie on the cheek and gave the pilot a hug as I disembarked the plane. A gorgeous blonde and my brother stood by a car, both with big goofy smiles slapped across their faces. 

"Hello there, gentlemen. Will you be escorting me to my accommodations?" I said with a serious expression.

"Cut the shit and get over here, Parks!" Jamie scolded.

"Yeah, Parks!" Nico butted in. I broke character and leapt into my brother's arms.

"Fuck, I've missed you!!" I whispered while kissing any part of his face I could get.

"Ewww, That's fucking gross. Stop!" He pushed me away quickly and I turned to Nico who was already holding out his arms for me to climb into. "Ahh, Nicci Noo! My boy, it's been too long!" I drawled out dramatically, as I do.

"It's been a week you fool!" He snapped back.

"Shut up and let me be!" I whined.

"You're tipsy, aren't you?" He whispered into my ear, I giggled in response. "I'm going to have to punish Charlie for bending the rules like that, I gave him strict instructions!"

"To take extra special care of me and he did!" I winked at them as I climbed into the passenger seat of Nico's Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

"We're going to have our hands full with this one, this summer bro! You never knew her when she was single. We were batting off guys in the dozens." Jamie said as he stood by my door, to Nico.