"Are you okay, Pigeon? You look really tense," Trunks asked quietly beside me. I tried to give a smile, telling him that I was fine, but he saw right through it.

"Moon, we've been friends all our lives. I know when something's bothering you. So what it is?" He paused. "Is it 'cause of Gohan?"

I sighed. "Yeah... Him and everything else..." I looked around and lowered my voice. "I'm scared, Trunks. I'm afraid that we're not gonna be strong enough and Buu's gonna destroy the world..."

"Don't think like that, Pigeon. It's like your cousin said earlier; we have to keep it in our heads that we'll beat that monster. Otherwise we won't stand a chance." 

Smiling, I snuggled closer to my friend. "Thanks, Monkey Boy. You always know what to say to make me feel better."

"As much as I love listening to Blue over here whine about everything under the sun, how about we talk about something different?" Marron suggested. Bulla glared at her slightly.

"Like what?" Goten asked, sitting up. He crossed his legs, hands resting on his lap. 

Trunks and I sat up as well as Marron turned to Goten and I's cousin.

"Why don't we get to know each other a little better?" the blond said. Aki studied her for a moment before shrugging.

"Alright. What do you want to know?"

"How did you die?" Bulla asked immediately, sitting up like the rest of us. Her eyes flickered to the circular piece of metal above the other girl's head. "All you've told us is that you died while on Earth with Raditz years ago."

"It was before Piccolo and Uncle Kakarot killed my father," Aki said, launching into the story. "Gohan had just busted from the pod, attacking Father so he'd let go of Kakarot. Though I knew what Father was doing - attacking and hurting Kakarot and Gohan for no reason - was wrong, I was still mad at Gohan for hurting Father. So I charged, aiming to merely swat him away. But I guess Piccolo thought I was going to do something more, because he fired the blast that killed me."

I blinked. I didn't know what I had been expecting, considering she had technically been against Daddy and Piccolo all those years previous. I guess I was thinking something more like accidentally being caught by a stray Ki blast or something of the sort. Not Piccolo killing her directly.

"Oh... So, is it like, awkward to see Piccolo now?" Bulla questioned. Aki chuckled, shaking her head.

"Quite the opposite, actually. While in Other World with King Kai, Piccolo and I became acquaintances. And, believe it or not, it was his idea for me to come fight with you all."

Still sitting with Trunks on the bed, I pondered this. Though I don't think he'd ever really admit it, Piccolo had changed a lot over his lifetime, and even more so over the few years I'd known him. I had no doubt that most of it had to do with Gohan; the Namekian seemed to have a soft spot for my older brother. And now it looked as if he had made another friend.

Once more, the thought of Gohan depressed me. Before I could stop myself, I looked over at Aki and asked, "Did you see him in Other World before you left? Gohan, I mean. Did he say anything to you?"

Biting her lip, Aki slowly shook her head, causing her pigtails to bounce.

"No, I didn't see him. I was surprised when he didn't show up at King Kai's place... But, I guess he just got held up. After all, the line for Other World is probably very long today."

As I nodded, I felt a spark of something in my chest. Hope. Maybe Gohan wasn't dead after all! But, if he wasn't, where was he? And why wasn't he here with us?

Morning came swiftly for my friends and family. It seemed like only after a few minutes of finally falling asleep, Daddy was demanding we all wake up. All we got for breakfast before training was an apple each. But, I guess that was a good thing, for I was feeling rather nervous for today. Though I know that all of us were strong, I had questions as to whether or not we could pull off Fusion by noon like Daddy wanted.

We started off with more training and obstacles, pretty much the same as yesterday except more intense. Even with some sleep under my belt, I was still tired from the previous day's training. I didn't know how much longer I would be able to go. 

Around nine thirty, Daddy told us to stop with the training. Grateful, I relaxed out of my fighting stance and stretched my sore muscles. Glancing around at the others, I saw that everyone but Aki was pretty much in the same boat as me. 

"I think it's time I showed you dance. I want you all to watch very closely. As I said yesterday, one wrong move can cause the whole thing to fail." We all nodded, eager to finally learn something new.

Motioning for Piccolo to stand next to him, Daddy started to show us the movements, making important comments each time. At the end of the dance, Daddy straightens back out and smiles at us.

"Think you got it?" he asks. I look at my friends.

"I dunno... That's a lot to remember, Dad," Goten replies, looking skeptical. "Could you show us again?" 

Daddy doesn't argue, quickly getting back into his starting position. He and Piccolo go through the dance again, a bit slower this time so we could really see each move and what we had to do so it would work. 

"Okay, now I want you all to try it. Remember to pay attention to how you're moving what and when. One little mistake will ruin all of it. I know I keep saying that, but it's true, trust me."

Butterflies dance around in my stomach as Aki and I move away from the others so we'd have room. I glanced over at her and found that she was looking at me as well. A smile worked it's way onto her lips and she nodded encouragingly at me. 

Looking forward again, I closed my eyes brifely and take a deep breath, steadying myself. This was it. The moment of truth. 

Aki and I balanced out our power levels. I could feel the others doing the same around me. Next, we held our arms out straight, away from the other person. 

"Fu..." we said in unison, moving three steps towards each other.

"Soin..." Our knees bent at perfect angles, our arms moving away from one another for the last time. I had one more burst one butterflies before we preformed the last part.

"HA!" Swinging our arms around, our fingers met above and below our heads, followed instantly by a bright flash of yellow light.