Chapter One: Have I seen you before? (Hazel's POV) EDITED

I am walking across the town square, when I feel kicks of dust brushing on my legs, and into my shorts. I look up in time to notice a girl and a guy, both around my age running towards me.

Finally! People actually does care enough to help. I thought to myself. I am feeling super, grateful someone actually noticed me.

“Peeta!” The brunette girl cries out.  “Slow down!” She says, running trying to catch up to the boy. The girl’s hair is brunette, almost black, and she is very, tall and fit. She reminds me of Kaitlyn, one of my old friends.

“Not until you admit that this article says that you are beautiful and rebelious” The blonde boy says, continuing to run.

As they are running past me I lost my footing, and fell onto the ground. Hard. I look down at the ground pushing myself up, and see all the memories I have left of Augustus Waters, scattered about the ground. I go back down to collect them.

“Oh my gosh! My apologise!” The girl says bending down to lend a hand. “I am Katniss, and this is my husband, Peeta. Who are you?”

“I’m Hazel. I just moved here from District 2. My father was one of the council members there.” I answer, extending my hand, for a handshake. We shake hands, and she hands me my belongings she has collected.

“Nice to meet you, Hazel. Welcome to District 12.” Peeta replies with a slight smile, handing me the last of my memories. The three of us stand up, shaking the dust off of our bodies.

“Thank you very much, Peeta and Katniss. Ever since I have arrived you have been the only ones to help me.” I say to them, meaning it.

“It’s okay. Do you know where you are heading to?” Peeta asks, curiously.

“Umm, I’m not for sure yet. I was only told to go the the town square, and wait for further instructions.”

__

“So, Hazel, why exactly did you move to District 12?” Katniss asks. Causing me to confront my feelings.

“Um.. Well, my boyfriend, Augustus Waters, died. And ever since, I have never seen District 2 as the same place it use to be. I decided I needed a restart. So I packed up and moved here.” I replied, wiping away the tear coming out of the corner of my eye. I will not cry, I tell myself. That is not who I am.

“Oh my goodness. I am terribly, sorry.” Peeta says to me, while rubbing my shoulder in comfort.

“It’s okay,” I tell him.

“Attention! May all new citizens please report to the Justice Building!” Comes a deep, man’s voice, as he shouts through the microphone.

“That’s my cue.” I say to Katniss and Peeta. “Thanks guys for helping me with all of my stuff.”

“It’s all good.” Peeta says.

So I grab the rest of my items, and start walking down the dusty, bumpy road to get to the Justice Building. When I finally reached the building I was exhausted. As I ascended up the stairs, I noticed a tall, slim guy, who from the back point of view looked exactly like Augustus!

It can’t be him. Ghost are not real. There are no such thing as ghost. I tell myself, chuckling. This must be how he felt at Support Group, when he thought I was his exe, Caroline’s, ghost.

Oh, Lord! No! Please! I thought to myself. There is no way I could handle another Augustus in my life, without me being an emotional trainwreck.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you there.” The look-alike says. I’ve bumped into him, and yet again, all my belongings were close to being scattered everywhere again.

“It’s fine. I’m Hazel by the way.” I stutter, trying to keep my words from merging together, but desperately failing. He is a bit taller than Augustus. His hair a dark, brown color, almost like how Katniss’ was. His face was quite chiseled, but not in the rough-as-a-rock kind of way. His dark brown eyes are what caught my attention and carried it away. I can’t even describe them, there are no words. They are just, beautiful.

“Oh, hi, Hazel. I am Gale.”

“Hi! Um… Did you move here, like me, or have you been here forever, like everyone else?” I ask him.

“Well, I grew up here, but moved away to District 3, shortly after the rebellion ended. A bit of both.” He explains. “Let me help you with that.” He says, reaching out to taking my box of books and photos.

“As much as I appreciate that, I’m all good here.” I say, gazing at his face. “I’m sorry.” I say as I realize he is fully aware at me staring at him. “I just feel we have met somewhere before.”

“Um, are you sure? I don’t recognize you… But wait!” Gale looks down at the box, “Who is this?”

----------------------- AUTHOR'S NOTE --------------------------

Hey guys, 

This is my first fanfic!! Please comment and tell me whether its good or not?

Also I have to thank my lovely editor whom this chapter is dedicated to! She has made this chapter into something magnificant. 

Thanks for reading this!!