"Hello." I deadpanned. He blinked for a second, licked his upper lip to reveal two little silver balls on his tongue.

"Yo." He said with an accent that sounded Cockney. I didn't respond to him, though. Just looked back down at my laptop and drummed my fingers across the keys, trying to think of a topic for an essay involving the media.

"Scuse me, don't mean to be a bother," The boy spoke suddenly, making me glance up, "But ye face looks familiar." I barely glanced up at him as I began to type random gibberish to pretend I was busy.

"Television maybe." I answered briefly. He scrunched up his nose, then licked his lip again and leaned forward over his books that revealed he was studying philosphy and sociology. His department wasn't even anywhere near this side of the campus. What the hell was he doing this far away from his building and dorms?

"That kidnappin'," He concluded, pointing a finger at me to reveal his fingerless gloves, "You was the boy that was kidnapped 'o somefin', am I right?"

"Yes." I responded, my voice hard as I kept typing random laters. The boy scrunched his nose up again, but this time, it was joined with a smile.

"Ye can do that all ye want, but I ain't gonna leave ya alone. Ya ain't typin' anyfin' anyway." He added, making me blink and look up at him. He was smiling, resting his cheek against his fist as he extended his other hand.

"Me name's Slade Bennett and I'mma psychic." He greeted. I blinked, confused for a moment, then slowly shut my laptop. This was probably the second most interesting thing I'd seen today, the first being Nathan because as much as I hated to admit it, Nathan was amusing.

"If you're psychic, prove it." I deadpanned. I could vaguely hear Amber's voice in the back of my head, reminding me about people like this. They ran around claiming they could see things other people couldn't, feel, predict, the whole flashy Rose Red works. They lost friends often because of how fake they were and I wasn't going to deal with this guy following me, so I might as well debuke him now while I still could.

Slade looked at me for a moment, then dropped his hand on the table rather loudly before doing that weird tongue thing.

"Ye Americans aren't very nice. Ye suppose ta introduce yoself, Alexander Lee Grey." He scolded me lightly, giving his head a tilt. I raised an eyebrow, tapping my fingernail on the table.

"Knowing my name isn't enough proof. You remember me from television. You probably saw my--"

"Alexander Lee Grey," Slade began, a little too loudly and making me frown, "Ye turnin' nineteen in two weeks, ye natural hair color really is blonde. Ye used to go to Wolf Creek High School wif a guy named... What? Markus? And ye blood type changes every time you drink some... Cuz ye a vampire."

I froze in my seat, staring at him as he stared back at me. We just stared at each other for the longest time and I couldn't stop the questions from bubbling in my head.

Who was this guy? Where did he even come from?

And judging from the look on his face, he just realized who I was. What I was. As if he wasn't expecting those words to pop out of his mouth. His strange colored eyes glowed for a moment and at first, I had assumed it was the lighting reflecting off his eyes, but when he shifted back, they still glowed.

"Who are you?" I demanded, scooting back in my seat and getting to my feet as I gathered up my things. I was not about to stick around for anymore of his creepiness. Slade instantly got to his feet as well.

"I tol' ye who I was! Yo the one freakin' me out! Stop thinkin'!" He complained, covering his ears. I frowned, lowering my bag to the floor as Slade pressed his gloved hands to his ears tightly for a moment, breathing hard before lowering them.