Every Second That We Spent

When I woke up the next morning-it was almost noon so I don't think I should be calling it morning-I wasn't expecting my phone to be buzzing so much. I opened my tired eyes and blinked away the blurriness in my vision. I noticed the way that Rocky was covering his ears with his pillow.

"Shut your damn phone off, Riker," he groaned. Well, good morning to you, too, dearest brother.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on it, Rock," I muttered back and retrieved my phone from the table between our beds. I squinted at the screen as it lit up with a shitload of notifications-tweets, missed calls, text messages, etc. What the fuck was going on?

I continued to scroll down, deciding to just swipe the notification for a text from Dom.

'Riker!!!'

'RIKER'

'RIKER FUCKING LYNCH ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE'

'RIKER'

'ANTHONY'

'LYNCH'

'ANSWER ME FUCK'

If Dom was cussing, then whatever he was going to tell me must have been something urgent. There were a few more texts that kept saying that I should answer my phone with more cussing and my name being repeated over and over again. I quickly texted him back saying that I was awake.

He was quick to reply.

'Finally.'

'What did you want?'

I hoped my sassiness and biting snark made their way through my text.

'Sorry, I forgot that rockstars needed at least twelve hours of sleep during their break.'

And I forgot that I was talking to the King of Sass.

'seriously what the fuck did you want? You woke up rocky and he's pretty pissed'

'Check your twitter.'

'Why?'

'You'll see.'

I was really confused. I felt my phone buzz again and looked down to see a follow-up text.

'Actually. Just check Grant's twitter.'

'His last tweet.'

'...okay?'

I did as I was told and tapped on the Twitter app. I noticed that my notifications had a bubble that indicated that I had over a hundred tweets, so pretty much the usual. I went over to the search box and typed in 'Grant,' and I then tapped on Grant's profile.

I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I read the tweet over and over again just to make sure that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I even tapped on the tweet, wanting a closer look. I realized that it had over thousands of retweets and favorites. I scrolled through the replies, my eyes widening as I just kept scrolling and scrolling. The replies seemed to end.

'@omqrydels: @grantgust @rikerR5 wait what riker's gay??????'

'@ummriker: @grantgust @rikerR5 i knew it riker's gay'

'@gabiell: @grantgust @rikerR5 AHHHHHHHHH'

'@isa_bella12: @grantgust @rikerR5 GRANT'

'@honeybae: @grantgust who the hell is @rikerR5?'

There were equal amounts of positive and negative comments, but I still couldn't process the fact that Grant said he liked me on his freakin' Twitter account, which several thousands of people were following. I think my face was stuck with a shocked expression because Rocky asked me if I was okay. I turned to look at him with eyes wide as saucers. He had a look of concern and asked me once more since I never answered him the first time.