5~An Intruder~

Začať od začiatku

"Hello?" Sofia whispered out, her voice squeaking. No reply and Sofia swore she saw a shadow move. Sofia peeled back her blankets and tiptoed to the bathroom, slowly opening the door. Sofia glanced around her bathroom, trying to look for the shadow. Sofia was about to turn back into her bedroom, but she stopped dead when she looked through her bathroom window.

A black-cloaked figure sat outside her window, a green eye sewn onto the sleeve. The figure turned around and stared Sofia, who looked at the figure open-mouthed.

Sofia's scream echoed through Everglen.

Sofia was cradled in Fitz's arms, sobbing and clutching onto his night tunic

Sofia was cradled in Fitz's arms, sobbing and clutching onto his night tunic. Fitz burst into the bathroom mere seconds after Sofia screamed, followed by Biana, Della, and Alden.

"Sofia? What happened?" Fitz asked, holding his sister close. Sofia had trouble talking through her sobs.

"A-a man." Sofia sobbed.

"A man?" Fitz asked.

"A m-man was outside m-my window. He turned to-to look at me and-and..." Sofia stuttered and sobbed into Fitz's chest. Fitz picked up Sofia and quietly calmed her down, glancing and his family.

"His face. It was scarred and burned and-and-"

"Burned?" Fitz asked, his eyes going wide. Sofia nodded and shuddered, holding Fitz's close. Fitz looked at Biana, both of them thinking the same thing.

Fintan.

"Did he do anything to you, my love?" Della asked, taking Sofia from Fitz and brushing aside her hair.

"After I screamed he just took out a crystal and flashed away," Sofia muttered. Alden was pale, Biana was pacing, and Fitz looked ready to punch something or break down, either of the two.

"Biana, dear, please call the Council. Fitz, secure the perimeter for the night until the Council arrives." Alden asked, his voice scratchy.

Della answered the door and saw a beautiful young woman waiting, holding a holopad and many papers

Della answered the door and saw a beautiful young woman waiting, holding a holopad and many papers. The girl looked to be around 19 or 20, her dark brown hair tied into many braids and tied into a bun. Her sapphire eyes were calm and calculated, and she wore a blue registry pendant around her neck that complimented her chocolate brown skin.