five

(i know i said theyve only known eachother for like two days. but imagine its been like a week or two bc otherwise this is rushed🤡)
-
benjis pov

i was looking forward to getting to know the new kid more. he was really confident and thats what i liked. i added the number into my phone but as i was about to click save contact i got a call at the top of my phone.

allison <3
answer                  decline

i didnt really want to deal with her shit right now but my dumbass, forgiving self decided to answer anyways. it started with her expected apology, saying how he kissed her first.

"does that explain why he was at your house? why you carried on kissing him anyway? allison, you knew you had a boyfriend and if you didnt get caught, you would never have told me. were over, were done. you really hurt me, i thought i could trust you."

i heard nothing but silence on the other end of the phone, she was trying to take in what i just said. i wasnt sorry for anything, i had no reason to be. im not a cheater.

"bye.." i clicked the red button to hang up. i was so broken inside. i had been with allison for long enough to be hurt by this, even though i know i shouldnt be, it was hard to let her go. i liked her alot. i shut my phone off and fell asleep, forgetting about the number i was just about to save.

jorges pov

i sat lying on my bed, facing the ceiling, with my phone on my chest. i was waiting...and waiting...and waiting. nothing.what was i thinking? why would benji, one of the most popular kids in the school, talk to me. i dont know if this was logic or overthinking.

it passed midnight, still no notifications. it hit me hard, i was really rejected. atleast i know that he isnt interested anymore. i tried to act okay but i really wasnt. i thought i had something with him, i was so wrong. i shouldve expected this.

i turned off my phone and just threw it onto the floor. i felt embarrassed and hurt, the usual.

third person pov

benji woke up in a seemingly happy mood, which was unexpected. his mind was just full with happy thoughts, as if he cleared all the negative out of his life. which technically he did. meanwhile, jorge slouched out of bed, not excited for the school day upcoming.

time skip

benji had all eyes on him as soon as he walked into the school doors. allison and him had broken up, and word spread as fast as a wildfire. even with all this unecessary attention, he still strutted to his locker happy and smiling. he spotted the boy and instantly his smile faded ad the boy tried to avoid him by walking in the opposite direction to him.

i forgot to message him...fuck

benji quickly caught up to him. jorge turned to face him rolling his eyes and letting out a deep breath.
"what" jorge said with anger.
"i really wanted to message you i swear but i had a problem with my girlfri-"
"you have a girlfriend" jorge raised his eyebrows and his mouth dropped slightly.
"well.. used to. its a long story. i know this is a stretch but if you meet me afterschool, you can come to my house for a little so i can explain or whatever"

jorge stared at him, trying to process what he just said. it was alot to take in.

"yes, ill come"
"okay but first you have to tell me your name" benji smirked at him, he had him this time.
"....jorge. but dont call me that, call me jey or jeyjey. whatever works better for you"
"okay jeyjey i will meet you outside of the gates after maths."

the said goodbye and seperated off.

'jorge, what a cute name' benji thought

a/n - new chapter on friday afternoon european time