The Alpha's Omega Chapter 1: Change

Chapter  1: Omega

Kayla POV

I watch as my alpha moves in front of me. He is standing guard for me. Tonight is the night that I become my wolf for the first time. Oh gosh this is so scary. I live in Marksville (not a real city), Kentucky. My pack owns most the forest around the city and we use it as our hunting grounds. We have lived here in secrecy for more than two hundred years.

The moon pops out from behind a cloud causing the change to begin. I fall sideways from the pain. My bones feel like they are breaking and it is not just one of them but all of them at the same time. If you have ever had a bone break, try that pain multiplied by hundreds of thousands of times. Yea not fun at all. I want to scream but I will not myself. I will hold strong and show that I will be one of the best wolves in the pack. Alpha moves to my side and rubs my head and growls comfortingly to me. I nearly scream as I feel the next stage of the transformation begin. My bones reform into a shape that human bones are not meant to be in. Fur begins to grow from my skin and my mouth forms a snout. Finally the change has ended.

I rise to my feet and shake my fur out. The sharp scent of my alpha beside me makes me look over. Strangely i feel no need to submit or to fight him. Why do I not feel as if I should submit? Is something wrong with me? I shake my head and try to think of reasons for me to not feel as I should. I look at my alpha with pure confusion written all over my face.

*What is it Kayla,* alpha demands.

*I feel no need to do anything is there something wrong. Did something go wrong during the change,* I ask him politely.

*Hm," he says. He thinks for the next few minutes and replies, "I believe that you have the position of an Omega. They have no defined position inside a pack. In each pack that has an Omega they have a different position depending on how they act and what powers they have. They are like you and have the power to act like an alpha but do not have the follow the orders of a higher alpha. I believe that you will be one of the higher pack members if not at least Beta level."

I contemplate this and then nod my head at him. We start to head to my house but suddenly we hear an alarm from the eastern border. Alpha turns and runs towards the border and i quickly follow him. We arrive at the border in less than two minutes and see that a fight has begun. A group of intruding wolves has decided that they their leader is to become alpha of our lands.

Very few of the wolves in the fight are from my pack, I realize with one full sweep of the battle field. The other wolf pack out number us at least three to one and will most likely kill us all. Not very many of us are going to survive this fight if we win. I sigh and look around.  A wolf from the other pack jumps at alpha and another one jumps out at me. I duck and scratch his stomach as he passes over me.

I have fixed all mistakes in the chapter that I have seen. Thank you for reading. 8/6/2012