Chapter 17: The Final Battle of . . .

.Chapter :The Final Battle of the . . .

Hey guys and welcome to the second to last chapter of The Alpha's Omega Book 1. I have decided to make the Alpha's Omega the name of the series and change the books name to Betrayal. You will see why later this chapter and all of next. Well for those of you wondering why I have been saying that you guys will hate me, here it is. This chapter's end will haveyou hating me for it. The good thing there is going too be a second book. I hope you guys read it. Well enjoy the second to last chapter of Betrayal.

Chapter 17:The Final Battle of the . . .

'Talk between Kayla and Demetri,'

Kayla's POV

I search the battlefield for Demetri, I feel his familiar presence about thrity feet from me doing battle with two of the Avonri. I run towards him and grab his attention. Shira and Josh both move on to different battles. They both know that this battle here is mine and mine only. I must deal with him because it is my duty.

'Good luck Alpha,' says all of the Avonri.

'Keep focused on your own battles. I will take care of him. I want no interuptions,' I order them.

Demetri and I begin to circle. We are both searching for one small mistake made by the other. Both of us are pretty evenly matched. What I gain with speed he makes up for with brute strength. This is a battle of some of the best. Demetri finally loses his patients and charges me. He swipes at me and I dodge to the side. I force him move back as I move forward with a quick succession of moves that takes all of his concertration to dodge. I nvergive him a chance to to run. Finally he takes a chance and snaps at me catching my useless paw. I growl and and swipe across his face as he tries to throw me against a tree. Instead of slaming into as he thought I would I twist myself to where I land on my legs. I quickly use the force of his throw to push myself off of the tree and back into the battle. I grab his ear while he is surprised and rip it some.

'Let's end this now, Demetri. Stop this madness and let things go back to peace. You have proven that the rouges have a right to be treated like other packs people not just wild animals,' I tell him.

'No I shall take down all of the packs and scatter the survivors making them the rouges and the rouges the packs,' says Demetri.

'Fine I tried to reason with you but you leave me no choice,' I growl at him.

I release his ear just as he is about to grab my good front leg. I jump back and we begin to circle again. This time we charge at eachother at the same time. We clash together and scratch eachother to hell and back. Our jaws snap as we both try to get to the others throat. We back away after the failure to do much damage. I circle quickly but one of his wolves distracts me. She runs in and jumps on my back. I try to throw her off but she keeps a tight grip on my back.She runs her claws down my back before I ram her back against a tree. She falls unconcious from my back and lays unmoving except for her breathing on the ground.

I turn back to Demetri just as he slams into my side. I am thrown hard against a tree and I feel the bone of the left side of my rib cage break. I stumble back up and turn to face Demetri. He slaps at my face and I duck just out of the way and grab the paw and slam him into the tree that I backed the she wolf into. He lands on top pf her and moves forward to attack me paying no mind to the she wolf. I run at him and grab him by his throat. Demetri rears up and scratches at my stomache. I feel one of his wolves coming towards me. I release him and back up to get out of the wolves way. I underestimate my wounds and wind up colapsed. Demetri takes advantage and forces me to roll to my back. He pins me down and rams his claws into my stomache. He howls his victory.

I feel Roman running over to where I am laying. I can tell that he is dispairing. My form starts to degrade to that of my human self. Demetri stares down at me and gasps. I smile up at him and try to offer my condolences to him.

"No, no, no. I didn't. The very person I was looking for. No, lord no please let this be a dream please," Demetri begs of the heavens.

Roman runs forward and throws Demetri away from me. I open my mouth but the pain stops me from saying something. Demetri approaches us but Roman growls threateningly at him.

"Stop it my love. Let him come," I rasp out when the pain eases some.

"Please forgive me," begs Demetri.

"I do Demetri. Let this end here, my brother," I tell him.

"I will my sister, but please live," begs Demetri.

"You know what the blow means brother. I am sorry I can not get to know you more before I die," I reply.

Alright guys that is the end of this chapter. Just to be clear yes, Kayla is dying but not for long(check out book 2 for more info). Next chapter is the last of the book but as mentioned there is going to be a second book and a side book. As I said though anyone hate me for making this a tradgedy. Next chapter is going to be Demetri, Roman, and Kayla talking. Kayla will only be there for a small portion of the chapter, sadly. :'(. Well please comment and vote and fan. Thank guys. Next chapter should be up when my internet next likes me. Bye.