Chapter 2 - Christina

I got home from school Tuesday with Johnny and Sarah. We were going to go horseback riding on the trails. Sarah was riding Sodapop, Johnny was riding Blue, and I was riding Rebel. We got to the barn when I heard hoofs right behind me. I turned around and there was Prisoner. I laughed. Johnny and Sarah turned around to see why I was laughing. When they
saw Prisoner they laughed to.

When Prisoner was a colt we didn't know what to name him then one day I was walking and he was beside me. My dad saw me and laughed so we named him Prisoner. When the horses were tacked and ready to go I asked, "What trail do want to go on?"

"The longest one!" they said at the same time. We burst out laughing.

"Let's go"I said.

I was in the front, Sarah was in the back, and Johnny was in the middle. We walked into the woods until I saw a field through the woods.

"Hey guys, want to gallop on the field?" I asked.

"Yes," they said.

"Let's have a race. First one to the woods win," Johnny said.

"Yeah!"

Johnny didn't like to ride in another person's field. He showed it in his face, he also didn't like to admit his fear.

"On your mark get set GO!" I shouted.

Sodapop was in the front, Rebel in second, and Blue in last. Sodapop was tiring. Rebel was also tiring. Johnny asked Blue for some more.

Johnny shot past Sodapop and Rebel. He won when April and Sarah got there Johnny was grinning. They got off their horses. After they cooled and brushed the horses, they put them in their stalls. I announced, "I'm gonna see Sprinter. You can join me if you want."

"I will," said Johnny.

When they got to Sprinter's stall Johnny heard some talking.

"What's that?" he asked, shaking me.

"Hush!" I hissed.

"Oh, Drake, I'm so glad that you invited me here," somebody said.

"I wanna see who's talking. Let's reveal ourselves," I whispered to Johnny.

"What if we get yelled at?" Johnny whimpered.

"We won't. I promise my brother Drake is there," I whispered.

He nodded his head so we walked to the stranger. When I saw Drake and who was next to him I gasped. "Christina."

Christina was my enemy.

"Oh, hello April. I didn't know you were here," Christina said.

"I live here and I was visiting Sprinter until you showed up," I said.

"I wouldn't visit that thing. I would visit Surf's Spirit; he's a real racehorse. Not like that retired horse," Christina said dryly.

"Excuse me, Sprinter won the Derby!" I said angrily. The horse next to me snorted nervously

"Quit arguing! Look what you two did. Christina I think you should leave," said Drake.

"B...," Cristina started to say.

"No buts. Leave."

"Fine, I will!" she said walking off.

She turned around and said, "And Drake... I won't talk to you ever again."