Chapter Twentyone

Skie

I was in the shower just letting the water run over my head. I heard the door slide open but thought nothing of it.

"Skie? Dylan keeps crying, and I was too scared to give him a bath in case I hurt him, so uh what should I do?", Ryder asked. I opened the glass shower door and looked at an uncomfortable Ryder who was holding a naked Dylan.

I laughed and lifted him out of Ryder's arms. I turned of the shower and walked over to that bath and turned on the taps. "I'll just give him a bat......Ryder?", Ryder was staring at me his breathing heavy and his eyes black.

I went to walk closer to him but his eyes traveled down to my breasts and he growled. I swallowed a lump and backed up to the edge of the bath. I put Dylan into his bath seat and turned to face Ryder.

He had come closer with his nose trailing up the side of my neck. I breathed deeply trying to hold in a moan as his large rough hands encased my waist.

"Ryder, we can't!!!.... Ryder please..", I pulled Ryder's hands off me and pushed him away gently, trying not to anger his wolf. Ryder blinked a couple of times then walked out the bathroom looking quite annoyed with himself.

I got into the bath with Dylan and bathed us both. You may think it's weird but I've been doing it with him since our parents died, he cries whenever he's in the water when he's alone.

I was carrying Dylan downstairs when I heard a knock at the door. I hurried to open it and saw an unfamiliar man standing there. "Hi?", I asked balancing Dylan on my hip.

"Hi, I'm here to speak to a Mr Ryder Mathews.", the man spoke in a no nonsense voice and had a stern look on his face. I frowned but called Ryder. He came running down the stairs and stopped short when he saw the man at the door.

"Mr Ryder Mathews I'm assuming?", Ryder nodded and greeted the man. I invited him in and asked him if he wanted anything. He rudely told me he wouldn't be here long and asked to speak to Ryder privately. I could see Ryder getting annoyed at how the man was speaking to me so I put a hand on his arm and told him I'd be in the kitchen

I was feeding Dylan and tried to listen to Ryder and the other man talk at the same time, but with no luck. They had been in the living room for an hour now and I was getting quite concerned.

"Hey babe, you want to go out? I fancy Chinese", Ryder remarked as I was washing dishes.

"Chinese at this time? If you want.....", Ryder came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He was so tall that I felt really ....delicate next to him. His chin was on my head, even though he still had to bend down to reach me.

I was trying to finish washing the dishes but Ryder kept placing small kisses across my neck and shoulders. I tried pushing him off but he gripped harder and pulled me closer to him,releasing a growl.

I huffed and just stood limply in his arms. I heard him make a noise and stood up straighter, "Did you just purr?", I asked as I turned around. Ryder had a blush coming on his cheeks and he looked really embarrassed.

"Not my fault. Kaden is just happy that you're in our arms.", Ryder replied, I grinned and patted him on the cheek before moving out of his arms.

"Chinese then?", I asked as I picked up Dylan. It told Ryder I was driving then ran out the door to the car, Dylan giggling all the way.

I'd forgotten about the strange man.