1

*2 years earlier. Freshman year, liberty high*
It started with an instagram post.

Liked by: montydlc brycewalker jdavis and 1539 others

KateBing: Libertys finest 💨

MontyDLC: Hellooo
BryceWalker: Youd be finest in my bed
HannahBake: can't wait to see you
Jdavis: I have another bestie
FoleyJustin: Little Sister
ClayJay: Do you even smile
Tony: I will protect you always
JeffAtkins: What a princess 👑

Montgomery De La Cruz. Liberty's jock asshole.
Bryce Walker. Liberty's creep.
Hannah Baker. Liberty's sweetest.
Jessica Davis. Liberty's prettiest.
Justin Foley. Liberty's star boy. My life long bestie.
Clay Jensen. Liberty's socially awkward semi cool kid.
Tony Padilla. Liberty's secret keeper.
Jeff Atkins. Liberty's favorite boy.

We were all freshman then. And things have changed. We're Juniors now. Hannah moved to new york and dropped all of us. And i have a large amount of guy friends which comes with a large amount of rumors.

*Skip forward 2 years. Present*

It was the first day of Junior year. Tony had picked me up to give me a ride. I was getting my license soon so i was starting to look at cars. We got to the school and i got out. Jess and I are best friends. Jeff and Tony are my guy best friends.
"Hey Kate when you coming to my house?" Bryce asked me looking me up and down.
"Jagoff," I said under my breath.
"Hey Bing wait up i have a quick question ," Zach came up.
Zach Dempsey. Liberty's pretty boy and the least fuckboy there is.
He walked with me to my locker.
"Whats up Zach?" I said while opening my locker. I looked up at him.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime," he said scratching the back of his neck nervously. I looked over at his posey and only Justin and Monty were watching.
"Is this a joke? Like was this a dare?" I half laughed under my breath. I looked back at Justin. Him and I used to be the best of friends but he started to become a douche.
"No Kate its not a joke. Im serious, please just give me a chance." Zach pleaded. I smiled and gave in. I agreed to go on a date with Zach. I have no clue what actually fucking possessed me.
"Man i cant do this," i heard Monty growl. He came up behind Zach pulling him away. Then our eyes met. And Monty froze. Justin was right behind him. Zachs face was confused. Montys face dropped and he walked away.
"What was that all about?" I asked Zach and Justin.
They both shrugged. Jessica came up to Justin and kissed his cheek. She looked between Zach and i and gave me a questionable look. I hadn't realized that i was basically leaning into Zach.
The first bell rung and we all went our separate ways except Zach and I walked to our first period class. "So hows tomorrow night. We can go to rosies?"
"Yea thats fine,". Zach and i went to our separated seats and class started. They day was going by slow. But it was lunch time. I sat with Zach, Jess, Justin, Monty, Bryce and Alex. Zach has kinda just stuck with me for the day. I keep seeing Monty looking at me out of the corner of my eye.
My phone went off to see i got a text from Tony.

Tony ♥️- hey what's up with Zach and Monty?Kate🔊- Zach and i are going on date tomorrow. Idk whats up with Monty.
Tony♥️- he keeps staring at you
Kate 🔊- No way.

I look over my shoulder at Tony.
"Hey guys ill be right back," i got up before they could say anything. I sat next to Tony and he told me what hes been observing. Like anytime Zach and I look at each other Monty tenses up. Tony seems to know something is going on. The bell from lunch dismissed us but i followed Tony to try and get him to talk.
"Tony tell me or ill kiss you," he looked at me and laughed. "Tony im serious tell me."
"Kate just because im gay doesn't mean i wouldn't enjoy you kissing me."
"Tony," i whined like a child begging a parent for candy. Except i wanted the tea from Tony but he was hiding it. He laughed at me and shook his head. It was my free period so i ended up going outside. I saw Justin with his back to me and Zach in front of him. Zach saw me but i put my finger to my lips and ran up behind Justin. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.
"Hey best friend," i said with a smile on my face. He looked at me and smiled.
"Hey little one. I heard you're going on a date with this douche," he smiled at Zach.
"Hey im better than Mo-"
"Better than who Zach?" Monty was standing behind him.
"Montyy," i smiled i went over and hugged him. I knew what Zach was saying but i didnt want a fight to start. He tensed at first but hugged me back.

MONTYS POV
I was ready to beat the shit out of Zach. I didnt even see her at first. Not until she said my name. And hugged me. I froze. I was shocked that she was hugging me. But i shortly melted into the hug u til Bryces dumbass interrupted it.
"Damn Zach Monty stealing your girl. Maybe ill get a chance with her," my body tensed again. I pulled away from the hug.
"Bryce shes not a piece of meat," Justin was in bryces face.
"Yea man chill,"
"Oh come on. Shes Justins little 'bestie' Zachs new one and Monty is already stealing her. Whens it my turn," he smirked at me.
"Bryce if you dont shut the fuck up now-"
"What Monty what you gonna do?"
I got in his face.

KATES POV
We were basically cuddling standing. Until Bryce ruined it.
"Damn Zach Monty stealing your girl. Maybe ill get a chance with her," Montys body tensed again and he pulled away from the hug.
"Bryce shes not a piece of meat," Justin was in bryces face.
"Yea man chill,"
"Oh come on. Shes Justins little 'bestie' Zachs new one and Monty is already stealing her. Whens it my turn," he smirked at Monty.
"Bryce if you dont shut the fuck up now-"
"What Monty what you gonna do?"
Monty got in his face. I went to stop him but Zach stopped me.
"Yea thats right back down Monty. You know who you're messing with."
"You know what Bryce honestly shut the fuck up. I would never in my living breathing life would i ever sleep with such an arrogant, stuck up, asshole like you. So go back to using daddy's money and get out of my face. And if you ever talk about me like that again i will break you." I spat at him. Monty, Justin, Zach and especially Bryce was shocked i said that. I walked by Tony and we high-fived each other. I walked over to my jeep and drove away.

(Thats her jeep^)The four were all staring at me

(Thats her jeep^)
The four were all staring at me. But with different facial expressions. Bryce was pissed. Monty was smirking. Zach had a soft smile. And Justin was close to laughing. I went home and decided to do all my homework. Wow shocking right. It didnt take long for me to go to bed shortly after. I was excited for tomorrow honestly.

Next Day

I woke up and got dressed. I wore ripped skinny jeans and a black crop top and vans. I straightened my hair and didnt wear any makeup. I was at my locker. Bryce, Justin and Monty were over my shoulder across the hall. Zach had just walked in through the doors. A radiant smile across his face. Our eyes met and his smile was contagious. He was coming my way but suddenly a Monty was in front of me.