Chapter 1

After a fight between Scar's army and the Lion guard, Janja says, " Can someone help here?"

And then, Jasiri says, " Janja" like she's worried about him. Jasiri runs to the steam vent, near the hot steamy lava. Her face shows panic when the Lion Guard is there. Janja's pack and his allies did not care and didn't help him.

Jasiri looked down to see Janja about to fall in the steam vent. She had a face of fear. Janja looked down at the lava below. Jasiri climbed down and saved him and did not fall. Then Janja collapsed to the ground for a second and got up and said, " Why did you help me?"

And Jasiri said, " I'd help any hyena Janja. Sisi Ni Sawa."

Janja's head was bowed, and he looked to the side, thinking for a moment. And he looked up with a face of question. " We're the same?"

"You don't have to join Scar's side,Janja," Jasiri said. " You can join us, the Hyena Resistance and help defeat him."

Janja was confused and bewildered at once. His heart started to beat rapidly. His eyes widen and his body got stiff. Trying to find the right words and he looked around for a moment. He started off grunting and was able to manage out, "Well..." Suddenly memories crossed his mind and he backtracked. " I don't think so!" he shouted and he raced off into the opposite direction. He yelled behind him as he ran, saying, " We ain't the same Jasiri!"

Those last words seemed to continuously echo. And his vision became blurred and all his surroundings got darker and darker. Soon there was nothing but him and those last words.

" We ain't the same Jasiri!"

Nne yelled," WAKE UP!!!!"

Janja opened up his eyes quickly and he perked up quickly as he stood. And then he turns around to see if Cheezi and Chungu and the rest of his clan were there. He has a mad face as he looks over his shoulder and looks back to Nne and Tano.

" You had that dream again boss," Tano said.

Nne said, " You just keep having that dream over and over again."

And Janja says, " It's not okay!"

Janja turns around and walks away as Nne and Tano are laughing at him. He is about to walk by his clan with disapproval of Nne and Tano, when his clan forms two lines making room for their leader. Janja looks to both sides as his hyenas whisper to each other. Janja then looks down and shuts his eyes closed and flattens his ears . And then he opens his eyes and sees in the corner of his eye , Reirei and her pack, Kiburi and his float and Ushari and his skinks behind his clan.

He walks over in the dusty dirt to Cheezi and Chungu , who were beyond the lines of hyenas. He closes his eyes with his ears flattened still. " Do you think I have a crush on anyone?" he says.

Chungu says, "No boss, not at all."

" I haven't seen you crush anyone!" Cheezi said.

" No furbrains! I mean you do think I love anybody?" Janja corrected as his ears perked.

" I haven't seen you love anybody," Cheezi said.

" No sir!" said Chungu.

Janja walks away from them and his ears flatten again. He goes over to Jasiri's territory and Jasiri is there. She perks up when she sees him and goes over to talk to him.

Janja turns around. Jasiri catches up and she blocks his path. Janja then runs and then bumps into Jasiri and falls on his back. Jasiri pins Janja while he's down. She places her paws on his chest. " Get off of me!" Janja growled.

" Well you're in my turf so my rules," Jasiri said.

"Well I'm a leader so it actually my rules since I'm the leader of my clan," Janja replies with a serious tone.

" No, since I'm a leader as well and so we're equal on that aspect. Plus you're on my turf so I have the higher ground," Jasiri pointed out.

" No, my clan is all the way over there," Janja growled.

" No, I will never let go of you," Jasiri said in return.

" Oh yeah?" Janja smirked. " Well watch this!" He pushes her off with all 4 paws. Though she was pushed off, Jasiri landed back on her paws in a crouch position.

" Fine, I'll let you go," Jasiri snarled. " But stay well." Jasiri bared her teeth and growled.

" Fine, I will," Janja growled in return.

Janja trotted off with a little smirk on his face. His smirk started to curl up more and more as he walked way.