Star Wars

Clary came in, a large bowl of popcorn in her hands.

She took the remote and sat down. "Ready?"

Jace took a deep breath and nodded.

The film started, and Jace made small noises when he started to understand all the bad Star Wars jokes that Simon made.

When Princess Leila was in trouble, all he could do was point out flaws in everyone's fighting styles.

"See, she could've easily done a double turn back spin from there. That would give her access to the control panel, and confuse the droids momentarily. Why isn't he hiding behind them? Obviously, the only logical solution would be to ambush them, then steal the keys when they're still disorientated. Why didn't he grab the lightsaber? What is this rubbi-"

"Jace! Just enjoy the movie." Clary said.

Jace huffed. "Fine."

~~~~

"I think that affected my mental health," Jace shuddered. "I'm starting to understand Simon."

"Come on, you enjoyed it. Admit it." Clary grinned.

Jace groaned. "I'm turning into a Star Wars nerd, aren't I?"

Clary smacked his shoulder affectionately.

They found Simon in the kitchen, standing awkwardly near the bowl of soup Isabelle had cooked before saying she needed and emergency shopping spree.

"Simon? We just watched Star Wars, could you help me explain to Jace why they use Lightsabers and not Seraph Blades?"

"They obviously have to-" And then Simon's voice became a distant sound that Jace blocked out for fear of being infected with nerditis.

"Come over here, I'll show you." Simon beckoned Jace to follow him to where his bag was, to give him a guide or something. Clary excused herself to go to the bathroom, despite the looks from Jace that said kill me now.

When she came back she saw Simon showing Jace his figurines (he always kept them in his bag, to Jace's confusion) and Jace hesitantly taking them and the Star Wars guide.

~~~~

One more chapter, Jace told himself, though he knew there would be many more chapters before he finally got some rest. It was three in the morning.

Star Wars was more interesting than he thought. Not that he would admit that to Clary.

~~~~

~~~~

Jace is a fanboy!