Thank you... (Insecure! Todoroki x Comforting! Reader)

Requested by aesthetic_anxiety_

Thanks for being patient ^_^ also thanks for waiting for 3 months ๐·°(৹˃̵﹏˂̵৹)°·๐

══════◄••❀••►══════

(Y/N) sighs as she looks out her bedroom window. She felt that something weird was going to happen sooner or later and it bugged her. Using her quirk, Seer, she tries to make sure one last time if whatever's going to happen is a good or bad thing.

Unfortunately, she couldn't use it to its full potential and was only able to decipher that someone would come running to her with a gloomy mood. It bothered her for the rest of the morning.

"(Y/N)? May I come in?" Her mother asks from the other side of the door.

"Yes..."

Her mother enters the room with a tray of food in her hands. (Y/N)'s eyes lit up when she noticed that her mother cooked her favorite food. She placed the tray on her lap and gave her thanks.

"Sweetheart, are you feeling better?" Her mother asked. "Are your wounds healing? Is your fever lowering? What about your friends? Are they feeling okay? Do you want more food?"

(Y/N) chuckles at the number of questions her mother is asking. "Mom, one at a time."

"Right, right." She clears her throat. "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty... ok. My wounds are healing slowly and my fever's starting to lower, too. That villain thought he could beat the crap out of me, but how wrong he was." (Y/N) said proudly.

"That's good. Just a few more days and you'll be able to go back to school with your friends."

(Y/N) sadly smiles and fidgets in her position. "I don't think I'm ready to go to school just yet... because I still want to stay in and sleep all day long and I don't want to wake up early."

Her mother sighs, followed by a chuckle. "(Y/N), we don't always get what we want... like what happened with your father."

The room is now dead silent. (Y/N)'s father died while he was doing his hero work and saved hundreds of hostages with the help of All Might, a.k.a. Uncle Toshi, or so (Y/N) would call him. Toshinori and (D/N) (Dad's name) have been friends ever since high school. Sometimes, when her father goes to work, he brings (Y/N) with him. She's closer to her father because her mother is often sick and she doesn't want her daughter to get sick. (Y/N) loves both her parents equally, there is no favoritism.

It broke both their hearts once they found out that (Y/N)'s father was dead. Their gloomy nights seemed endless... like it was stuck in some loop that could never end. At times (Y/N) wouldn't even attend school due to her being sick or because she felt so alone when her father died.

"I know Mom..." She quietly responds.

"Oh honey," Her mother pulls into a hug and weeps silently while softly brushing her daughters (H/L) (hair length) hair.

Unexpectedly, the doorbell rung. (M/N) wipes her tears and gives (Y/N) a sad smile and hurries off to answer the door.

As her mother leaves the room, (Y/N) couldn't help but bring back the memories of before. How her father used to lift her in the air and she pretended like she was flying. Or how he used to tuck her into bed telling all about his hero work during the day. Or-

"(Y/N)! It's Todoroki-kun!" Her mother yelled from downstairs. "Do you mind if he stays in your room for a while? He says he needs to tell you something."