Welcome!

Hello there, young one! Ah, who am I kidding? You could be older than me for all I know. But, no matter your age, you're here for one reason and one reason only- to read some Newsies fanfiction!

This is just a little thing about my history with the musical so you can skip this paragraph if you don't wanna hear my little sob story. This is a little story I thought of one night after realizing how much Newsies really means to me. I was introduced to Newsies... oh about three years ago? I guess I have my cousins to thank for my love of musical theatre because if it wasn't for them I would have never become obsessed with Hamilton (which was the start of my musical obsession, it just spiraled downhill from there) and one night, on Christmas break, my cousins chose to watch Newsies. Something about it just made me happy. From then on, Newsies has risen to the Number One spot on my list of favourite musicals. I am a very music-oriented person and honestly depend on music to get me through the day. I depend really heavily on bands (as cliche as it is) like Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Set It Off, etc etc to help me get my mood up. Different songs obviously make people feel different things, such as The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance makes me want to ball my eyes out while Check Yes, Juliet By We The Kings makes me want to jump up and belt it from the rooftops. The thing with Newsies is, I get an emotion I've never felt before. Have you seen the movie Titanic? Most likely. So, there's that infamous scene where Jack takes Rose down to the third class deck where they're having this party. They're all just dancing, and while they aren't having a grand ole' time like the rich people upstairs, they're having a blast. They're doing what they want, they're drinking, dancing, talking. They aren't worried about spilling wine on their new tuxes. (If you unfortunately have no idea what I'm talking about go ahead and google 'dance scene from titanic' and it's the first video) But ever since I saw that movie, I had the desire to be a part of something like that. I'm not saying I desire to be poor, but I want that level of fun. I want to be able to not care about a thing in the world, to not worry about the pressure of the school system and parents and the fear that I'll never get a job, that I'll die before I can do something meaningful or that I'll never be able to live out my dumb, cliche, dreams. The closest I can get to this is by listening to Newsies. Somehow, it makes me feel like I'm part of something bigger- just like all those newsboys who came together, no matter what portion of the city they were from, they all still came together to stand up for the same thing. Whenever I listen to Newsies, my heart starts pumping and my hands grow a little shaky and suddenly I want to throw on some suspenders, wrap up my fists and go beat up some scabs. I get literal chills and goosebumps. There isn't a better way to explain it except for the fact that Newsies, means a lot to me. No matter the version, no matter the director or cast or stage, Newsies, as a whole, means a lot to me. Plus, as a natural born punk I'm a big fan of starting a revolution or a riot so uh you catch my drift.

DONE

Now that I'm finished with whining about how sad I am all the time, let's get onto the actual story, shall we? Enjoy and don't forget to vote, comment, message me or even follow me if you deem it necessary.

- Your author, SomeFormOfWriting.

DISCLAIMER

This story is going to be pretty equally based on both the broadway newsies and the 1992 version. The only reason I'm stating this is because I need to be able to describe a character. So, if you think anything seems strange about a character it could just be because it's from the 1992 version. For example, while I love Tommy Bracco, I personally enjoy the 1992 Spot Conlon better. But, I'll take Jack and Katherine over Jack and Sarah any day. It's just personal preference. I tried to avoid going into in-depth descriptions of what everyone looked like so you could vision them how you pleased.

DISCLAIMER

Okay, so, I'm assuming we're all here for the same reason, right? It's because we love the newsboys of 1899. In this story, there will be slight homophobia. I'll put trigger warnings in the chapters where it is present. The reason I'm saying this is because yes, I love all of these boys with my whole heart but in 1899 being gay wasn't a public thing. It's not that everyone chose to be homophobic, it was just that they didn't know any different. I'm not excusing homophobia as something that isn't irrational, because it is. Especially in today's world where we have so many people speaking out for equal rights and so forth. I just wanted to say that it was a different time, so homophobia was the norm. Does that make it okay? Absolutely not. But I just wanted to say please don't let anything in this story change your opinions on the newsboys. They're all still very nice people in this story, even if they're a little wary of 'unusual relationships'.

DISCLAIMER

Also, this story is not 100% historically accurate. My apologies, I did my best. I purposely adjusted some things, such as weather, to make it more fitting for the story. Enjoy!

Also please tell me someone else sees it: The 1992 Jack Kelly looks like a cross between Antoni from Queer Eye and a young Corey Feldman

Jack:

Now please tell me he looks like a cross between these two