Chapter Nineteen

Our Wedding Band

Chapter Nineteen

I grabbed hold of him as soon as I opened the front door to see him standing there. It had been the longest week ever but somehow I’d survived.  

                “Someone is happy to see me.” He chuckled but hugged me back at the same time.

                “You bet.” I couldn’t even attempt to contain my smiles.

                “So are we eating here or what?” he asked as I let him go finally. I hadn’t even thought about the food. All I had been able to think about for the entire week was seeing him again! Callum had excused himself from the house until the next morning so we were going to be alone together here in our house!

“You want to order in?” I asked, but he already had his phone ready to dial the take away shop I made my way over to the sofa to wait for him to finish making his call. It wasn’t long before he was sitting beside me.

“It’s weird being here.” He told me, looking around the room, It hadn’t changed since he’d left I couldn’t bring myself to change anything in his absence.

“Yeah…” I didn’t know what to say to that.

“So I guess we should talk huh?” he exhaled heavily, I knew this was coming but somehow I had removed it from my mind the entire week.

“Guess we should.” It was incredibly awkward at this moment, I’d never felt like this around him before.

“So you and Callum, you didn’t get together while I was gone?” he questioned removing the arm he had wrapped around my shoulders.

“No we didn’t. Nothing has happened since Sydney and even when it did I told him it didn’t feel right and he agreed.” I sighed hoping he would accept that as an answer.

“He knows the way I feel about you.” I added.

“That’s basically what he told me on tour.” He smiled once again my heart started to slow down.

“I love you.” I told him bolding, staring into his bright eyes.

“I love you too.” He managed to say before crashing his hot lips against mine. His hands wandered their way along the back of my neck, as I rested mine up against his chest. I reached out to grab hold of his muscular arm, instantly pulled away from him.

“You’ve been working out.” I was very impressed, he merely shrugged before pulling my entire body onto his lap. It felt like only yesterday that we’d made out in Italy.

The take away delivery man interrupted our steamy session but neither of us were too worried, we knew we had the place to ourselves the entire night with plenty of ‘catching up’ to do.

---

Waking up beside someone you love was always a good feeling, waking up next to your husband who you’ve been apart from for two months was so much better!

I looked over to my sleeping lover, he was lying on his stomach with his bare back exposed. I ran my cold fingers over the scratch marks I had left there the previous night, gently kissing them before getting out of bed and heading towards the bathroom I really needed a shower.

For the first time in months I sang loudly as the water ran down my naked body. For the first time since the honeymoon I was happy. After I had finished in the shower I walked into an empty bedroom. I had no idea where the hell he’d gone after all he’d been asleep the last time I’d seen him. I raced straight into the kitchen and living area and he was nowhere in sight.  I did however notice that his keys and wallet were missing. It was just my luck having had a one night stand with my own husband!