f i f t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

♤♤♤♤

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't focus on the text book below me. Everyone in the library was either staring, whisper, or fucking staring some more. My phone had died a long time ago because I was apparently too depressed to charge it last night. I needed to study, I needed to pass my finals. Obviously it looks like I'm not getting accepted into university anytime soon, so at least I can say I actually graduated my senior year. 

At least I was alone. Alone with my thoughts and the pieces of my broken heart. 

I grip my pen between my fingers as my emotions start to take over. I missed everyone so much and it was physically hurting to pretend that I hate them. Noah looks so sad everytime we meet in the hallways because his locker is only a few down from mine. I feel so fucking bad all the damn time. There was only a little over a month until my time in Caldwell is up. 

I think I can make it. I need to make it. 

An annoying giggle floats over the library and I roll my eyes. It was basically a reflex reaction. Lea and her little posse of tiny she-devils strut past my table. I glare up at her through my eyelashes, watching as she flips her hair over her shoulder and catches a glimpse of me. 

She stumbles to a stop and faces me, "Oh Hayden, I heard you were attending classes again. Good for you."  

"Shut the fuck up Lea." I sigh as I throw my pen down and lean back in my chair. I then smile up at her, "You're obviously keeping tabs on me so I must say I am glad that you're still creepily obsessed with me.  It's like I've still got my own little fan club." 

"It's cute that you think that highly of yourself." Lea chuckles before glancing at her friends, as if needing some sort of back up. They all laugh along too. "It looks like moving out of Elwood really took a toll on you, Hayden. The same can't go for Chase though." 

I laugh loudly and tilt my head back, "Of course you've already tried getting your talons back into him." 

"What? Like it's hard? He's still in love with me, he always has and always will be Hayden." Lea smirks as she flips her long brown hair again. She then pouts, "I know it hurts, but that's just how life goes; it's unfair."

Lea gazes around her personal group of mean girls before they all cackle and strut off. My eyes were focused sharply on the chair in front of me. My fists were clenched, my knuckles a ghastly white. I could basically hear my heart beat picking up at the same pace as my burning rage. I should calm down. It's not worth my time. She's only trying to get a rise out of me, that much was clear. 

...Fuck it. 

Then, all at once, I was out of my cheer and marching across the library. When I storm through the double doors of the library and out into the courtyard, my eyes dart around furiously. I spot Lea's fake extensions walking across the cobble stone quad. I push off the front of my foot and sprint down the few cement steps. 

When I reach her, both of my hands reach out and I push her forward. She falls flat on her face thanks to her circus height heels. Her friends stumble back as they look at me in shock. 

"I know it hurts," I stand above her as Lea pushes up on her hands and glances over her shoulder at me. I smirk, "But that's just how life goes; fucking unfair.

An ugly scowl takes over Lea's face before she pushes to her feet and pounces on me. We both fall to the ground and she instantly goes for my hair. Pussy move. As she pulls and tugs at my blonde strands, ripping a few out in the process, I thrust my fist up and it collides with the side of her waist. She goes tumbling off me onto the ground below and I roll onto her.