ch 7

John stood in front of the mirror, fixing his tie nervously. This was it, the big day. His wedding day. Four months of intense planning finally been put to use. His sister was fixing his suit, smoothing it out with her hands. She smiled at him gently and stood back proudly.

"Relax, John. You look great." She said, noticing his shaking hands.

John gulped and nodded at her, attempting a smile. "I'm trying. Thank you, you uh, you do too."

It was true, Harry's wild curly hair had been tamed into a bun and the top of her head, a few ringlets hanging down. The dress hugged her figure beautifully and the makeup artist had put a butterfly wing of various shades of blue on her eyes, making them pop. John's hair had been combed and he his shoes polished, and he nervously tried to fix his tie again and again.

Harry leaned forward and gently pushed his hands aside. "Here," she said. "Let me."

John gulped and nodded, letting Harry straighten his tie for him. Satisfied it was good, she stepped back to let John see. "Thank you."

"No problem. Now there's a groom out there waiting for you, are you ready?"

John flashed Harry a quick grin. "Yeah, yeah I'm ready. Let's go."

Harry looped her arm through John's and walked out of the room, their feet soon stepping on the grass. As they walked, the sun shone on his face, and in the distance he could see Sherlock standing under the alter of flowers and ribbons, his hands clasped in front of him. Off to the side, a sign read 'Take a seat, not a side.' and John raised an eyebrow at it; he didn't remember putting that there, but it was a nice touch nonetheless. Shaking his head, John continued to walk, the light breeze ruffling his hair. Rows of seats were laid out, the inside seat of each row had a large blue ribbon connecting it to the next row, creating a makeshift isle for John to walk down. The hotel had placed a long blue strip of satin in the isle for John to walk on, matching the colour scheme. Taking a shaky breath, John walked forwards, Harry by his side. He reached the isle and cast a look at all his guests, giving a quick smile to his friends. Suddenly, he caught the eye of someone he had not expected to come- his mother. John blanched and stared at her in shock, why had she come? Was his dad here? His mother waved her hand and urged him to walk, as he was beginning to hold up the process. John coughed and nodded leaning in next to Harry as he walked.

"Why is she here?" He whispered, trying to keep a smile on his face.

Harry's lips stretched into a tight smile and she tried to speak without moving her lips. "I don't know, ask her later!"

John sighed internally and got to the top of the isle, parting ways with Harry to stand next to Sherlock. He could deal with his mother later, all that mattered now was that he was getting married. Harry stood next to Molly, giving her hand a quick squeeze of excitement, trying to keep the smile off her face. The two had really hit it off in the months they'd spent together, and Harry had really brought Molly out of her shell. They had even considered living together as room mates. John took a deep breath and smiled at Sherlock, his heart leaping. He looked gorgeous, thick black hair neatly combed and his suit fitting. Sherlock looked down at him and the corner of his lip turned up slightly, and then he turned to face the minister again.

The minister had honey blonde hair, and looked about thirty. She had kind eyes, and smiled at the two men. She was dressed smartly, but not in typical minister clothes. She held no bible in her hands, but waves of authority and kindness rolled off her.

She glanced around and said, "John and Sherlock, we are gathered here together to witness the love and respect that you have for each other. We are here to witness a commitment of love and happiness." She then cleared her throat and recited a passage well known to her.