Peter Parker and the No Good Very Bad Field Trip.... Sort of. (Hancakes)

Word Count- 1,853

Peter parker slouched in the back of the bus. His hands were stuck deep into the pocket of his hoodie and the hood itself was drawn up over his head. He didn't want to be here, he didn't want to have dumb flash and the rest of his class to tease him because Stark industries didn't let him have a badge.

To keep it brief, he was pouting.

The whole class had known about his internship with Stark Industries because for some reason the principal had decided to announce is over the intercom and let the whole school in on his business. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, Flash saw that as a huge red bullseye that was suddenly placed on Peter's head and given him even more content to work with, as far as bullying was concerned. On one hand Peter was thankful, because Flash finally got some new content to work with and he didn't have to hear the same godawful contrivances he had gotten into the routine of, but on the other hand it meant the whole school now thought that he was lying about his internship.

That was fine, he had initially thought. He didn't really care if people thought it was real or not. The problem really started when the teacher announced the class was going to visit Stark industries. Flash had, of course, started making even more of a rumpus about his "fake" internship and upped the ante to an almost embarrassing degree. Slamming him against lockers, shoulder checking him in the hallway, and as always, calling him Penis. Peter couldn't walk 5 steps without Flash mentioning genitalia--it was TRUE suffering. It almost felt like Flash was following him around through the school day just to mock him. Ned and MJ tried to stand up for him but really, it almost made it worse.

To make it even worse than that, Peter had desperately called Happy and asked if there was like, a badge or something that could just prove to everyone that he had special access and show them he was legit, but Happy said that kind of thing didn't even exist at Stark industries. And no, he said, we couldn't just make up one for you. Peter was also only ever in the few upper floors of the tower so he didn't even know what went on in the part they would be touring; he even had a nightmare the about having to ask someone where the bathroom was. Peter groaned and buried his head in his hands. Ned turned from his conversation with MJ to check up on his friend but was so rudely interrupted by a loud voice from the seat in front of them.

"WHAT'S WRONG PENIS? Worried, now that the whole school is going to know that your little fakey fake internship is fake?" Flash jeered. He had turned around in his seat and stood on his knees, and from Peter's bent angle he could just see Flash's little beetle eyes peeping over the gray fake leather of the bus seat.

"He probably just has a headache from having to overhear your rat ass the whole ride," MJ piped up. Flash shot her a dirty look and Ned shot her a high five. Flash opened his mouth to retort again but was cut short by the teacher barking at him to sit down.

"This isn't over, Penis," he remarked as he lowered himself back into his seat.

"Is it ever" Peter groaned.

By the time the school bus pulled up to the front of Stark Industries Peter was beside himself with anticipation. This is his reputation they're talking about. It already wasn't very good! To be outed as a liar on top of already being the biggest dork in school? Peter shivered at the mere thought. Once it reached time for the back of the bus to get out Peter felt Ned's hand clasp his shoulder. He turned to look at his friend and received a supportive, curt nod of encouragement. For a second, Peter thought he could do this.

The confidence stayed with him as he exited the bus and peered up at the looming tower of Stark Industries and kept him going all the way up until they entered the large, glass doors. Peter took one step in and realized how many people were there who wouldn't recognize him, and how all the people were in badges. What the hell, Happy? He could just hear Flash's voice in his head all like Hey Penis? Why don't you have a badge, Penis?