cheryl and toni at bedtime

Start from the beginning

"Shit," Toni mumbled to herself as her girlfriend started to thrash harder, shaking her head out of her grip. Her face was scrunched up in displeasure as her arms started to move, desperately gripping at the empty space around her. "Cheryl..." Toni gripped her hands, tightly squeezing them to let her know she was there. Sitting up, she tugged her up and into her lap, hugging her trembling body tightly and rubbing her back. A sigh of relief came over her when she felt her respond. Cheryl started gripping tightly at the back of Toni's t-shirt as she sobbed into her neck, every muscle in her body a trembling mess.

"Hey, shh, I've got you. I'm right here," Toni whispered, running her fingers through her red hair, still holding her tightly. "I'm not going anywhere," she whispered, rocking her girlfriend in her lap as she continued to sob uncontrollably.

"P-please don't l-leave me," Cheryl sobbed, wetting Toni's neck with tears and the sweat that lingered on her skin. "Please s-stay."

"I won't ever leave you, Cher. I'll always be here for you, even if you don't want me to be," Toni rubbed her back, cooing gently to relax her. Cheryl just sniffled, still crying quietly into her neck, letting Toni take care of her like she did so well. She'd never understand how Toni always seemed to just know what she needed.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," the she sniffled, wiping under her eyes as she rested her head on Toni's shoulder, still comfortably in her lap.

"Don't be sorry, baby. Do you wanna talk about it?" Toni brushed loose strands of hair from her face, her eyes filled with concern for her girl. She didn't push her when she frantically shook her head no. She just peppered her face in comforting kisses, tasting the salty tears that made transparent stripes down her cheeks as Cheryl tried to nuzzle further against her.

"I love you, TT," Cheryl just barely whispered, reaching up to run her fingers over her girlfriend's cheek and neck, feeling her skin real and present against her own. "I'm sorry I'm such a burden."

"Don't say that, you're not a burden. Far from it," Toni shook her head, leaning her forehead against hers, "You're one of the strongest people I know, Cher. And I love you more and more every day for it."

"You think so?"

"How could I not?" she smirked slightly, easing her back into a laying position and holding her close.

xxx

"You know you snore sometimes?" Toni smirked, leaning against the headboard with her phone.

Cheryl's head snapped up, tearing her eyes away from the task of filing her nails. She had the most horrified look on her face that only made Toni bust out into a fit of laughter. "First of all, why would you say something like that just out of the blue? And second of all, shut up, I do not!"

"You do, though," Toni said through her laughter, "Don't be embarrassed, babe, it's cute."

"I do not snore, Antoinette, I can't believe you'd accuse me of such a thing," she shook her head and put her nail file away, getting up and padding over to the bathroom.

Toni just smirked through her giggles, pulling out her phone, scrolling through her extensive camera roll for the video she had taken just last week, turning the volume all the way up before pressing play. The once quiet bedroom was now filled with the sound of slight snores from Cheryl and Toni's stifled laughter both on and off screen. Though Toni's laughter wasn't held back for long, considering she lost it at the look on Cheryl's face when she came back into the room.

"Oh my god," she muttered, eyes wide.

"Oh please, I told you it's cute," Toni chuckled, starting the video over.