08 | Crashing Revelations

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟿

 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟿.

You trudged along the steep crevice of the hill with the rest of your group, past a rushing train. You glanced at it, idly wondering for a moment if your old friend Jamie would jump in front of it if she were with you. She was quite the daredevil, you supposed. Maybe not stupid enough to do that, however.

     You glanced back when Mike spoke up. "Thanks, guys, but- you shouldn't have done that. He'll be after you guys to now."

     "Oh, no, no, no, no. Bowers? He's always after us." Eddie recanted.

     You nodded as you rubbed your head, a pounding headache spreading throughout. That rock didn't do you any favors.    

    "I-I guess that's...one thing we have in common," Bill said.

    "Yeah, homeschool. Welcome to the 'Losers Club'!" Richie exclaimed.

     You groaned. "I still can't believe that's the name we chose...but I can believe it's accurate."                                                         

     •••

     You looked around the fairgrounds you'd all arrived at- at least, you assumed that's what they were. You'd ask what was going on later if you had the chance, considering your question didn't exactly fit the atmosphere currently hanging around you and the present members of the group. You all ignored Richie as you and your group looked at another 'MISSING' poster, which read 'Edward Corcoran'. You frowned.

       "They said they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe," Stan declared. You felt a shiver up your spine, deciding to put in a comment of your own.

      "He's our age," You said quietly, voice quivering a bit.

  Ben nodded, then spoke up. "He asked for a pencil once." Beverly glanced at him sideways.

     Bill lifted up the poster, revealing another one with the name 'Betty Ripsom' printed on it boldly underneath. He spoke up. "It's like she's been f-forgotten because...Corcoran's missing."

    "Is it ever gonna end?" Stan asked solemnly.

     You sighed. "Yeah, when whatever sick fuck is doing this wipes out all the kids in Derry."

     Richie ended the somber mood with a bang. 

     "What the fuck, dude?" 

     You pretended you had no idea why he was mad, still focusing on the poster in front of you, but you knew it was because one of the band members had taken his trumpet back from Richie. Which, was justified. It just furthered your point Richie was an utterly tactless dumbass even more.