the monkeys paw II

Aw Mr. White looked at the streetlamp flicker opposite shone on a quiet and deserted road. He stood there for a few minutes before the wind picked up. The flickering light suddenly turned off leaving him in complete darkness. The wind sounded like screams getting louder, and louder, and louder until it was all he could hear. He felt the wind circle him like a tornado picking up leaves. His eyes widened as he slowly started to lose the ability to breathe. He could feel something wrap around his neck and tighten around his windpipe. He brought his hands up to claw at whatever was choking him. There was nothing there he was clawing at his own throat leaving marks and breaking the skin as he desperately tried to release the tension on his throat.
He soon felt like he was going to pass out. The grip slowly loosened and then disappeared. The wind suddenly ceased dropping the debris caught within it. He then looked around in fear and ran back into his house and slammed the door shut sliding down it. His wife looked at him fear evident on her face. Her eyes wide, mouth hung open, her breathe caught in her throat, and her eyes are darker than normal, as she looked at her husband's neck. It has claw marks that are bleeding profusely. She snapped out of her trance and ran to him grabbing him trying to drag him to the kitchen. He sat there for a minute and she looks into his eyes and sees that they are glazed over. He shook his head and looked at her before he got up and let her drag him to the kitchen.
She made him sit at the table and grabbed the supplies to clean his neck. "This is going to sting." she said before she sprayed the wound cleanser onto his neck. He didn't even wince he just sat there staring at the wall behind her. She then wiped off the slowly crystalizing blood only to gasp. There is a black bruise on his neck in the shape of long slender fingers. He is still staring off into the distance with glazed eyes. Mrs. White looked at her husband and softly shook him trying to snap him out of his trance. He sat there before her with a blank stare. Out of nowhere there was a loud thud upstairs.
Mrs. White whipped her head toward the stairs. She heard footsteps descend the stairs slowly. Thump... Thump... Thump... It started to get faster. Thump. Thump. Thump. Faster. Thump thump thump thump thump. It stopped. Mrs. White slowly stood up and peaked towards. the stairs and saw nothing. She turned back to her husband and sat back down next to him.
CRASH!! Mrs. White jumped at the loud noise and looked to where it came from. A bookcase at the bottom of the stairs fell. Suddenly she felt long slender fingers slowly wrap around her neck. She tried to scream but something covered her mouth. She looked at her husband wide-eyed only to see him slumped in is chair. His eyes dark and clouded, but no longer with shock. His eyes stared off into the distance, lifeless.
She felt the hand around her neck tighten. Tighter and tighter it slowly started to choke her. She started to panic and thrash. She felt a warm breath on her ear. "Miss me mother?" it said. "H-Herbert?" she was barely able to choke out. "That's right. It's your fault I'm here right now. If you would have just let me rest peacefully for eternity I wouldn't be here for revenge. So I can finally rest" he said tightening his grip around her throat. "I must kill you." he said in a grim voice.
She tried to grab at the hand to no avail. She started drifting in and out of consciousness. She started seeing black dots in the edges of her vision. The dots slowly started to grow clouding her vision. Her vision now fully black as she finally drifts out one last time before slumping to the floor, lifeless.
When the cops finally showed up, it had been a week since they died and were discovered the day before. They were shocked by the scene in front of them. Mr. White sat at the kitchen table tied to the chair, slumped forwards. Mrs. White was tied to the chair across the table, a knife sticking out of her chest. The detective lifted his head with a gloved hand. He saw claw marks that didn't look human, they almost looked like a monkey scratched him. "Hey, come look at this" the detective said to his partner. His partner walked over grimacing at the smell of the decaying corpses.
She looked at Mr. Whites neck and scrunched up her nose in disgust. "It looks like an animal attacked him." she commented. "Yeah," he said, "that's what I don't understand. One was scratched by an animal and the other strangled and stabbed." They walk over to the bookcase and see a monkeys' paw on top of the broken pile of wood, blood staining its claws. They pick it up carefully and place it into the evidence bag before walking out of the house and to the station.