...

The man with big leather boots said that it was his daughters birthday today. She was turning 7. It's strange how a man like him could have a wife and a daughter and them not know that he had a person in his shed starving and being tortured. He didn't hit me today because he didn't want blood on his hands when he went to his daughters party. He brought me some cake.
He treats me nice sometimes. But other time I wish I would just be granted death.
He calls me Skipper sometimes, usually it's just George. I don't know why. He refuses to call me anything else. Sometimes he likes to cut my hair and style it. Then he slaps me and cries.
I wonder how long I've been here.
I've been secured to a chair so long my toes are numb. He lets me walk the barn sometimes. But I would never try to escape. He has cameras in here and all over his house so I wouldn't get very far before he's find me. I've accepted that I'll be here for a while. He gives me small portions of food and water but other than that it's okay in here. The barn is locked and secured from the outside so no one can get in or out. Sometimes there's snakes. Sometimes I climb up to the top of the barn and sit there, waiting until he returns.
He makes me call him sir.

He came in today looking very mad. He shoved a newspaper in my face, showing me, missing. I tried to hold back my grin.
"Young teenager gone missing a year ago maybe still alive. Evidence points to him being held captive. The police are investigating once again and may be closer than ever before."
Skylar.
He slapped me around a little bit and yelled at me. He used his belt to whip my back a few times.

Trevor put down the flimsy journal, his hand hurting from writing. He sighed and put his head down on the cold table. The barn was getting colder by the days so he assumed it was winter. He could see his breath some nights. He wondered if the man would ever bring him something warm. He lifted his head after a few seconds and looked up at the wooden pillar in front of him, it was scratched up with tally marks and his own claw marks from when he first got here.
396 days.
He wondered often if more days went by than that because some nights he felt like he slept for days. He wondered if the man put medicine in his food to knock him out.
He was freezing now, shivering and curled up on his hay pallet on the floor. A single blanket covered the hay and a small thin throw over covered his body. His limbs ached and begged for warmth. His body was shaking and seemed to have no heat whatsoever. He knew he would have to ask the man for something or else he would surely die.
The next day the man didn't come until later that night. He was wearing a nice suit and had a large suitcase next to him. Trevor was still in bed, trying to warm up.
"George i brought you some things!" The mans voice boomed in the barn. Trevor stirred and jumped up, seeing the man below him with the suitcase. He climbed down the ladder and stood in front of the man.
"Hello sir, what did you bring me? I hope it's something warm.." Trevor's voice was quiet, he learned never to raise his voice at the man.
"I did. It's supposed to get super cold over the next few days so I brought you some coats and blankets to keep you warm. I left you some food on your desk along with some chores to do around the barn."
Trevor nodded, nothing too awful to do. Usually all he had to do was sweep or wash the tools.
The man left Trevor to himself to open the suitcase. Inside we're some coats and blankets but under all of that there was a small slip of paper.
He unfolded it to find a number.
It looked like an address.
425 Malibu lane.