First Day of School (continued)

It is finally lunch time. This is the time to get together with friends to talk and have fun until you have to go back to class. While Kevin is walking to cafeteria , he sees Kevnika in the quad with Zion sitting on a picnic table. He stops but he hesitates. Trying to decide if he should go over and speak or just to keep going. He decides to go over to where they are sitting. He does not know why he is going over to them or what he is going to say when he gets there. When he finally approaches them, he stands in front of them and he looks at both of them.

"Aye, can I help you?" Zion said.

Kevin ignores Zion.

"I need to talk to you." Kev said to Nika.

"I know you see me sitting right here having a conversation with her." Zion said while standing up.

Kevnika gets up from the table and stands in front on Kevin.

"Can it wait? I really don't have time for y'all pissy party." Nika said while rolling her eyes at both of them.

"I just want to talk to you. I can't talk to you when he is around now?" Kevin said.

Nika stands there with her hand on her forehead. She brushes her hair back and says "It's not even like that and you know it."

Kevin grabs Kevnika by the arm and pulls her into the building and into the nearest staircase. When they stop walking he releases her arm aggressively. Kevin the proceeds to pace back and forth before saying anything. He finally stops pacing and pushing Kevnika up against the wall with one hand on each side of Kevnika on the wall.

"You really don't see it do you?" He asked while looking at her and then down at the ground.

She tries to look at him in the face but he won't let her.
"See what? You are confusing me." She said.

Kevin hesitates before speaking another word. He seems to be a little frustrated because it starts rub his head. Kevnika knows he only does that when he is frustrated.

"You know if your brother was here, he would've beat his and your ass already." He said.

She pushes Kevin away from her.

"But he is not, here is he? So what? You want to beat his ass in place of my brother or something? Why?" She asked.

Kevin walks back up to Nika and says "The problem is you are better than that and you deserve better than somebody who just wants to fuck you!"

She starts laughing out of frustration.

"It did start that way but before you rudely came and interrupted the conversation, we were actually talking about being in a real relationship and not just a friends with benefits type of thing. I really do not know what is going on with you lately, but you really need to get your act together." She said.

Kevnika walks out of the staircase and back to the quad where Zion is still sitting on the table. Kevin walks to the café and sits at the table where Daniel and Devin are.

"The hell wrong with you?" Devin asked while crunching on his chips.

"Yeah. Why you look like that? Like all red and shit." Daniel said.

There was a brief silence between the three before Devin continued to say "You do know it just makes sense for you tell her how you feel instead of being a jackass because she is fucking somebody else."

Kevin looks at them both with an evil eye. Devin and Daniel look at each other and shrug.

"So, do you actually like her, or do you just want to fuck her?" Daniel asked.