Come To Terms

“Hi, Rebekah. You are an amazing, beautiful, talented person and we had a lot of great times together, but I think that it would be best if we break up.”

Steve sat in front of Bucky, waiting for some sort of response. They had been practicing for hours on end on how Steve would break it off with Rebekah, but every single attempt ended up being a suck-up-to-you, corny phrase.

“How was that?” Steve asked, still waiting.

“Good. It was good.”

Steve sighed. “But not good enough.” He pushed himself from the living room couch and went to the kitchen. “Bucky, I have to do better than just ‘I’m breaking up with you.’ That’s not right.”

“Sometimes that’s all it takes.”

“That’s not right.” Steve furrowed his brow, getting a glass of water.

“From past experience, a simple ‘I’m sorry, but I think we should break up’ worked. Girls don’t want a long story on why you’re calling it quits. Yes, it’ll spike their curiosity, but that’s just the way it is.”

“And you’d know how all this works.” Steve retorted and Bucky shrugged.

“Look, just be yourself. That’s probably why this Rebekah girl wanted you. That and you’re Captain America. I mean who wouldn’t want Captain America?”

Bucky sat across from him on the couch, legs crossed and casually leaning back. Steve smiled at him, stunned by his nonchalant charm.

“You’re a jerk.” Steve set the glass down and strolled over to Bucky.

“And you’re a punk.” Bucky grinned, leaning up to kiss Steve’s soft lips. Neither of them could fully understand the crazy feeling between them. It always had them wanting more and they loved it.

“I’ll be back in a bit.” Steve walked out of the apartment and stepped forward a few steps to Rebekah’s He rose his arm up, tapping on the door with his knuckles.

“Coming!”

He waited a few seconds, listening to Rebekah’s footsteps get closer. The door swung open and Rebekah smiled. “Hi, Steve.”

“Hi,” He could feel his insides tensing, becoming nervous.

“Would you like to come in?”

“Uh, yeah. Not for very long though. I just need to talk to you real quick.” Steve’s hand went up around his neck as he walked through her door frame while she closed the door behind him. Rebekah’s expression said it all; she could tell what was about to happen, what he was about to say, but she was still confused.

“I- I’m sorry but I think it’d be best if we stop seeing each other.” Steve looked her dead in the eye, instantly feeling guilty and sorry. But he wanted them to stop; he didn’t want to be in a relationship with Rebekah anymore. Steve wanted to be with Bucky.

Rebekah didn’t move, didn’t blink. “Okay.” Then she smiled, nodding. “Don’t worry. I understand. You don’t need to explain anything to me.”

“Okay.” Steve nodded, feeling a little more than uncomfortable and guilty. He turned around, turning his back to Rebekah and opened the brown door, heading back across to his apartment. The closer he got to his door, the more he felt something off, something wrong.

Steve grabbed the door handle, walking in to the strange feeling atmosphere.

“What are you doing here? Where is Captain Rogers?”

Picking up the pace, Steve came into the living room.  Sam was standing by the window, pistol drawn and pointing down at ground. And Bucky was on the ground, prying at Natasha’s hands that were at his throat, along with a knife just barely resting on his veins.

“Tasha!” Steve ran over to her, attempting to pull her off Bucky. “Why are you here?”

“We decided to drop by for a visit since you haven’t been in much contact and we found him here.”

Steve looked over to Bucky, watching him try to get her off his chest. Bucky licked his lips and tried to move his neck without it getting slit and bleeding everywhere. “Natalia, I can explain.”

“Shut it,” Natasha pressed the knife a little more and Bucky stopped moving.

“Sam, put your gun down. Natasha, get up. I’ll explain it all. Just get off of him.” Natasha got off Bucky’s chest and Steve walked over to help him up.

“в следующий раз это будет не так легко.” (Next time it won’t be so easy). Bucky spoke in Russian, glaring daggers at Natasha and rubbing his neck.

“Вы не будете жить достаточно долго, чтобы увидеть в следующий раз.” (You won’t live long enough to see next time). Natasha shot back and then directed her attention back to Steve. “You better have a good explanation for this, Rogers.”

A/N

Tada! Yay!

Okay, I know it's been a while, but this chapter for some reason was hard to write. But, miracles happen and here it is. It's not as good as I hoped it would be, but eh. It's good enough. The next chapter will hopefully be a bit longer than this.

So, things have ended with Rebekah and Steve. We'll touch back up on that soon.

But, NOW Steve has to explain Bucky and his being there... 0.0

Check out my other book if you'd like, Mercenary. Tis a Captain America FanFic. But, there's quite a bit of Bucky. =)

Want me to check out your book or want a dedication? Hit me up and I'll help you out! =D

This weeks dedication goes to Marvel_and_beanies!!!