|Chapter - 1|

"Ahhh," I moaned as I felt the bright morning sun shine through the window and delicately touching my face. The redbull from last night gave me an adrenaline rush and I didn't sleep before late.

My god, can anyone shut the curtains before my head explodes?

"Merryroseeee- fuck my head!" My soft hands came abruptly in contact with my forehead, clenching it. It was trobing. Bad.

I sighed when I didn't get any replay and kicked the blankets off of me, uncovering the white silky nighty.
The mattress was begging me to stay and promising tempting warmness, but I decided to get up, forcing my body - physically and mentally - to get out of the big bouncy bed. Slipping on the slippers was the first thing I did every morning.

A girl should never go around barefoot, or else she can get hard and gross heels. And no man likes dried, hard feet. At least that's what my step mother told me. I rolled my eyes at her words one time, and lets just say that she didn't appreciate it and I might or might not have gotten a red cheek after that.

Which, of course, I had to cover with tons of Armani foundation. Bruises aren't pretty on women.

I was standing beside my bed and streching when the two door opened at the same time. In came no one else but my cute Merryrose. To others she was my personal maid, but to me, she was my second mother. The one who took care of me when my own mother abandoned me. Ran away with her loverboy leaving me here all alone. Leaving her babygirl to face this cruel world alone.

No, stop thinking about her. I stopped my tears forming in the corner of my eyes and smiled before I turned around to face Merryrose. "Good morning, darling." Her caring voice echoed. This room was way bigger than what was normal.

"You need to get ready, darling, a big day is ahead of you. Remember who's coming today?" She chimed cheerfully.

A fake smile tugged on my lips and I tried my best to look okay. "Yes, of course I do. How can I forget him?" My smile didn't loose one bit. Fake smiling was my thing. I do it so often people actually believe it's a real one.

"Wait, there is a surprise for you," she screamed happily in my face. She clapped her hands and two younger maids entered my room. They delicately held a luxurious looking black fabric in their hands, as if their life depended on this dress' wellbeing.

"It's time for you to get ready, darlin'," Merryrose commanded excitedly. "Come on, chop chop, into the bathroom you go!"

He was coming to see me. To see if I was a fit enough bride for him after his own wife's death. It hadn't even been 2 days and he was already looking for a new bride. I almost trew up at the sick thought.

How could he move on from her this quickly, and more importantly, why does he want me. This pathetic excuse of a man disgusted me more than my own father - who sold his own daughter for a good business deal. To get a bigger business to win over his enemies.

Merryrose was spreading rose petals in the white liquid floating in my bathtub. This wasn't a normal bath with crystal clear water. No, it was the torturous one. This white thing was a mix of milk, different types of oils and feminine scents to cleans my skin and give it a nice glow.

"Take it off, darlin'," Marryrose pointed at the silk which barely covered my body. I sighed and let the straps slip my shoulders before it softly landed on the clean bathroom floor. I wasn't embarrassed over my body, not at all actually, but sometimes I wished I could atleast have the privacy to bath on my own. Maybe running away wasn't the best idea, but the old man had to admit it - I'm pretty darn good at it. Yeah, the bruises that came afterwards is an another story.