First Day of School

Start from the beginning

Kevin looks at Kevnika with a serious look. He seems to be a little aggravated.

"What makes you think I've been with somebody?" He asked.

Kevnika looks at him and says "Because it is written all over your face. You either met someone, slept with someone, or you like someone. Personally, I think you been fucking somebody because there is no way you have went the whole summer without sex. Right or wrong?"

Kevin sits back in his seat and stares out the window.

"Wrong. I don't know why you keep thinking that. You've been saying that since before I left for the summer." he said.

"Then why else would you look like that?" she asked

Kevin looks at her up and down and says "Like what?"

"I don't even know how to describe it. It just looks like you are so sure about something or really into something. I don't know. Just forget I said anything" Nika said.

Before Kevin could say anything else Daniel was at the car banging on the window. "Get y'all ass out the car, I need my iced coffee" Daniel said.

They both get out the car and walk into Dunkin with everyone else. They all took turns placing their orders. Once everyone got what they ordered they headed over to a table to sit down.

"So, Kev tells us that you done went and got a man over the summer lil nik nik." Daniel said.

Before she could say anything Devin chimed in and said "Yeah, nobody told you to go out and find a new fuck buddy."

Kevin said "I didn't even sa..."being interrupted while he was speaking Nika said "Stay out my business. I fuck who I want to."

Kevin spits out some of his drink. "So, you really been fucking this dude?" Nika asked.

"Who is he?" Jazzy said. "Zion" Nika said with a smirk while raising her eyebrows.

Jazzy chokes on her drink "Swear?! How you manage to get that. Owe the things I've thought about doing to him." Jazzy said.

Devin, Kevin, and Daniel look at Jazzy with a look of disgust. Jazzy looks at them with a confused face.

"What? I'm a woman too. I have needs." Jazzy said.

"Shut the hell up. I don't want to hear about your needs. Let's go before we are late for school." Devin said.

They all get up and head out the door and into their cars. Kevin remains quiet the whole ride to school. His face shows that he is in deep thought and Kevnika can tell but she doesn't say anything. She's not sure if it is about what she said earlier or if it is about something else.

Kevin pulls into the schools' parking lot with Devin trailing close behind him. He parks the car but instead of turning it off and getting out he just sits there with the same look on his face. He throws his arms up behind his head and leans back into his seat.

"Are you going to get out?" Nika asked.

Kevin shakes his head and says "Hm. You can go first I'll sit here for a few minutes."

"Why?" Nika asked.

Instead of answering her he leans forward and looks at her. He nods his head signaling for her to get out. Then he leans back into the seat and throws his arms up behind his head again. Kevnika gets out of the car and slams the door. While Devin, Daniel and Jazzy are standing outside waiting.

"Is he coming?" Jazzy asked.

Kevnika shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know. He is in his feelings or something. I think he wants to be left alone for a while." Nika said.

They start to walk towards school leaving Kevin in his own thoughts. Kevin takes a deep breath and then decides to get out of the car. By the time he gets out of the car and starts to walk towards the school his friends are no longer in sight.

A girl runs up beside Kevin names Josie. She has long and curly dark brown hair, she is average height and has the body of a mini Megan the Stallion. She looks a little older than her age because of all the makeup she is wearing. Full lips, pretty brown eyes and a smile that would make a nigga melt.

She has on her school uniform like every other girl, but you can see that she has cut the skirt because it is too short to be appropriate for school. But no one says anything because her father owns the school.

"Hey Kevin! How was your summer? You went to New York, right? Did anything interesting happen?" Josie asked.

Kevin does not respond. He does not even acknowledge her because he is still lost in thought. He did not even realize she was there.

Josie starts rambling "Did you meet someone? Is she pretty? Prettier than me? Of course, not because no one is prettier than me, right? Anyway, I've been waiting on you to get back because I kind of missed you. I know you missed me too, so you don't have to say it. Anyway, I've been thinking about you all summer. To the point where it made me wet, if you know what I mean. Speaking of wet when are we going to get together and "study"?"

Kevin stops walking halfway up the hallway and turns and looks at Josie.

"Are you done yet? I gotta go." Kevin said.

He walks off not caring about her answer. She storms off in the opposite direction.

Kevin walks to the cafe to go get his list of classes and he immediately walks to his homeroom class after. He walks past his friends and Kevnika so she decides to follow behind him.

When she finally catches up to him, she pulls him into the staircase by pulling him by his collar.

"Be honest, what the hell is your problem? You have never acted like this before." Nika said.

As she is talking, he is leaning up against the wall staring at her with one foot propped up.

"Is it because of what I said this morning about having sex with Zion? If so, I do not get what the problem is, we are just having fun. And even if I was in a relationship with him how does that concern you at all?" Nika said.

Kevin walks up to Kevnika. As he gets closer she starts to back up until she is pinned against the wall.He puts both arms hands up against the wall one on each side of Nika. He is so close to her that he has to look down at her. He looks her directly in the eyes.

"I just did not think that you were that type of girl." Kevin said.

Kevin backs up and walks out of the staircase. As he is walking away Nika says "And what type of girl would that be?".

You can tell that she is upset now because her eyes start to water up a little bit. Kevin stops walking and without look back he says...

"A girl like Josie." Kevin said.

Kevin walks off leaving Kevnika in the staircase.