"ohhh you must be hayden's dad!! i met him going into the industry at a red carpet, we've been good friends ever since, i just haven't been able to really hang out with him, but that's cool! i even saw him last night.." i slowly remember last nights events of what happened because i talked to him.

"what a small world! anyways, so are you ready to start answering some questions or do you two need maybe a minute alone? it's totally fine if so, we'll just step out in the hallway for a few."  officer summerall asks me.

i immediately look at johnny, who is already looking at me, causing me to slightly blush, but i notice his pleading look to just start talking to the officers but then i begin raising my eyebrow and he immediately knew what i meant, sighs and says, "yeah just a few minutes will be good, thank you officers." both of them step out of the room.

"okay what the hell happened- like when did you get here? aren't you supposed to be mad at me? i was a dick yesterday," i pause looking at him in his soul piercing eyes, before continuing, "i just remember ashton hitting me and it starting to rain. when did you come into the picture?"

"oh you must've forgotten because of all the blood you lost." he looks down, fiddling with his hands, before me looking back up at my eyes. "but you called me, crying in pain.. and you told me that you were hurt, sent me your location but passed out completely. i drove to your location, finding you laying in a puddle of your own blood in the alleyway besides that club the fucking prick took you to. then i called 911 and now we're here."

"oh wow. thanks for coming to get me, probably would've been dead by now if not..." i say still kinda in shock he cares about me enough to help when i was so rude to him previously.

"of course, i was and still am kinda mad about what happened yesterday but it's not like i was gonna let you bleed to death." he put his hand on the bottom of my leg reassuring to himself that i'm not dead.
"i'll be honest kenzie, that was the fucking scariest shit i've experienced in a long long time. i thought i was going to lose you. but i still don't know why it scared me so much, we've known eachother for less than a month." he sighs, then running his hand through his hair out of stress.

well damn how he still look good- kenzie stop. not the time.

"i'm sorry i scared you like that.. and i'm sorry about snapping at you." i didnt really know what to say.

"it's okay, you shouldn't apologize, i forgive you about yesterday, you just don't want to put me in danger i get it... but kenz.."

fuck, that nickname.

he looks at me grabbing my hand, the small sparks and warm feeling returning my body. "you've gotta tell them. nows your chance, before that piece of shit or anyone interferes."

"i can't and neither will you." i spit. "you'll fucking get killed johnny, i for gods sake almost did last night." i say clearly terrified of even just imagining what ashton would do.

"not if we tell them about him nowwwww," he looks down realizing he's still holding my hand, blushing and then pulling away quickly. "it's now or never, and if you don't i will."

"no you will not. you have no clue what he's capable of johnny." i sigh. "trust me if it was this easy i would've already told the police."

"okay well now i'm here with you, and now we can get you out of this," he rubs his eyes, "you can't keep living like this kenzie. i wont let you."

"i know, i know.. but we both won't be living at all, if we tell them." i tell him.

"why not just try to explain to them what ashtons capable of, and that they can't just announce it and go to arrest him. they can help make a plan." he looks at me.

"i dont want to risk you or your family getting hurt." my eyes water as i loom down. "i just should've left you out of this. i cant have you risking so much, when we don't even know eachother that well- although sometimes it does seem like we've known eachother our entire lives.. but that's besides the point." i look at his soft smile at my rambling, before continuing. "the point is that if we do this and it fails i'm going to be the reason, we both get killed, and your family is potentially hurt." he shakes his head lifting my chin up wiping a tear off.

"that's not going to happen okay, but i need you to just trust me with this one." i lean against his hand before placing my much smaller hand on top, brining our hands down in front of us.

"fine we'll tell them," i sniffle, still unsure if this is the right decision. "but we have to make it clear to keep this completely secret."

johnny squeezes my hand, "it's gonna be okay, i promise."

officer birlem knocks on the door peaking his head through, "are you two ready for questioning?" he smiles in curiosity.

"yeah, we are." i reply, taking a big deep breath in, slowly letting it out. realizing what i'm about to do, my hands become a little shaky and johnny immediately notices, grabbing a hold of my small hand again before squeezing it slightly and rubbing his thumb over the back of it. instantly making me feel safe.

here goes nothing i guess.

AUTHORS NOTE
aight bitches i'm back. imma rewrite most of the chapters before this cuz they are absolute shit, but yeah. i'm back and i missed y'all.
xo, E