Ignored by my Oppressor

You were never there. Each word gone unbothered, untouched. Each thought gone unnoticed, irrelevant. Everything just started to mean less. Each day was cold, bare, painful, just waiting on you. Waiting for you to fight for me. I shouldn't be surprised that you never came for me. My head remains under water whether you're here or not, so why do you make me feel as though I'm suffocating when I could never breathe in the first place? I've just never known this feeling, you weren't like anything I've ever known. Watching you almost felt painful at moments, like I knew what was to come, like I knew I'd loose you before I had you. But I can't be here any longer, I can't look you in the eye like I did way too many times. You have no idea how tired I've become fighting you, you don't know how bad I wanted to stay there with you. But I'd rather bleed than ache, I'd rather fight than wait. Because deep down I always knew you wouldn't stay. And the worst part is I can't say I hate you, or be mad at you for any of it. I just thought, hoped I was all you wanted, I could be what you needed. But you own the rest of our mess and I'm left with an empty quest, and broken bones, trying to restore my soul.