1

Drew never thought she'd leave Bayern Munich. She never thought she'd leave Germany after spending most of her life there. Her father was in the British Army and was moved to Germany when she was 4, since then she'd never been back to Britain and she was glad that the opportunity had finally risen for her to return.

She was grateful, but she wasn't particularly looking forward to it. She was signing for Arsenal and the girl who broke her heart also played for Arsenal, which made her incredibly nauseous.

"Okay, now look this way," the photographer said and Drew did as instructed. "Now look over your shoulder. Last one, if you could sit on the bench and just hold the ball still – that's great," he said as he clicked away. "And we're done, thank you very much."

She hadn't met any of her teammates yet but she had spoken to both Lisa Evans and Vivianne Miedema who were good friends of hers from their time at Munich together.

"Now that is out of the way, it is time for some fun. Are you ready to meet your teammates?" Joe smiled and slung a reassuring arm over her shoulders. "Don't be so scared, we have a fab group here."

"Do you know any of the girls?"

Drew breathed in a little. "Yes, uhh, I already know Viv and Lisa...and Jill." She muttered through gritted teach, but Joe didn't seem to notice as he led her through two sets of double doors which let them through to the training pitches.

Drew grinned as Lisa and Viv ran over to her, toppling her over.

"Viv you're pulling my hair!" Drew yelped as they rolled on the ground.

"That's not me!" Viv shouted defensively.

"Lisa, get your hand off of my backside!"

Finally they got off her and she stood up so she could straighten herself out again. She hugged them both as Joe left them to help her introduce herself to the rest of the squad.

"It's good to see you again, Drew."

Drew turned to where the voice had come from and her smile (and her heart) dropped. "Wish I could say the same about you."

"I'm really sorry about your parents. I'm glad you're okay." Jill muttered, knowing fine well that it was a touchy subject.

"Just got to get on with life...I got through it fine on my own."

"I'm sorry." Jill repeated.

"I get it, J. But that doesn't mean I forgive you."

Lisa coughed, trying to break the tension. "Hey, D. Let's go introduce you to everyone else." Lisa kissed Viv on the cheek and dragged Drew away in the opposite direction.

"That went well." Lisa said, linking their arms.

Drew simply shrugged.

"Are you still mad at her for leaving."

"Nah, but she's still not getting off with it that easily."

"Playing hard to get! I like it!" Lisa laughed and Drew couldn't help but crack a smile.