1.

————
Introduction
word count: 1060
————

Sirius, a boy aged 17, has lived with his best friend James for the past 5 years. His parents kicked him out the same night they found out he wasn't attracted to girls and his friend's loving family let him stay with them. His parents were never the loving type, and he always knew that they didn't love him the same way they loved his little brother, Regulus.

He was quite narcissistic but he was never selfish. He cared about people he loved closely way too much, and his biggest fear was disappointing them. Even though he thought he was the prettiest and most handsome guy alive, he had his own thoughts. He was always worried about what people around him thought of him even though he didn't show it.

Sirius has been saving money ever since he moved into the Potters' household. He wanted his own flat because he didn't want to annoy his parents for any longer. He loved Euphemia and Fleamont so much and he was happy he got to call them his parents. After all, they were the ones who fed him, gave him a roof above his head and kept him as theirs.

He had long, dark, wavy hair he always kept in a bun or behind his ears because they were annoying when they would casually cover his eyes every so often. He was of average height and pretty skinny, but muscular at the same time. His eyes glittered in the light, and his smile was brighter than the star with the same name. He also had the voice of an angel when he sang, and James would often call him a 'pussy magnet' because he always attracted girls he didn't want.

The black-haired boy was always working somewhere because he wanted to move out as soon as he turned 18, and the whole Potter family supported him. Mrs Potter always made him food to take with him and Mr Potter tapped his shoulder every single day and wished him good luck. James would always wait for his brother to come home to tell him about all the things he did, and they would end up watching Avengers or Deadpool every single day.

We could call James a jock. He was nice and kind most of the time, but sometimes, he could be arrogant, mean, and even stupid. But there were two things he was very passionate about. Rugby and his long-term crush, Lily, who he constantly talked about. He was a very attractive guy and he often wondered why she didn't want him.

They were both pretty bad at school. They always passed their tests but only because they got together the day before and actually studied at the library. They were pretty good at presentations because they loved speaking publicly, and it gave them an opportunity to show themselves off.

Sirius was looking for a job again and this time, he wanted to get one he would actually enjoy. He was looking at every bulletin board he found to see if there were any good jobs available.

Remus was a 19-year-old boy who lived with his dad at the border of the town. His mother, Hope, passed away the same year because of a type of blood cancer that couldn't be healed. She ran a small library a few minutes from their house where she and Remus used to read books together and hang out.

Before she passed, she left Remus the keys and all of the paperwork saying that the library now belonged to him. It was one of his favourite places because it reminded him of happy memories, and it always made him smile. He loved his mother and he missed her more than anything.

The library was mostly visited by students who came there to study, usually in the evenings. Remus loved working there because it was peaceful and lovely. He was always surrounded by books and their smell, which he adored.

He was a tall boy with freckles and short, light brown hair that covered his forehead, but he didn't mind. He finished art school last year and was currently concentrating on running the library.

In his free time he loved to draw and paint. Their house was full of portraits and pictures Remus had drawn ever since he was a kid.

He was never really popular and the only friend he had was Lily, a red-haired girl he knew from primary school. He was a year older than her but they still loved to hang out. Lily always listened to him and tried to help him through his worst times.

She knew everything about him, and he knew everything about his red-haired friend. They were almost always together. Remus often helped her study for her tests because he was, in fact, very smart. He knew he could trust her with his own life.

Remus loved Lily so much, but not in a romantic kind of way. He didn't want to kiss her or do anything with her.

He had a girlfriend, Marie, who he was in love with. Well, at least he thought so. Remus could never really tell the difference between loving someone and being in love. He could kiss Marie, and he could hug her as much as he wanted, but for the past few months it didn't feel like anything at all. All the hugs and kisses felt empty and he wasn't sure why. No one was.

Marie was a pretty short girl of Remus' age. They had known each other since preschool and Marie always had a thing for him. Remus didn't really like her at first, but when they started dating, his affection for her only grew. But, it seemed like it had stopped two months ago and it's been going downhill ever since then.

Nothing special happened two months ago, except for this one small thing that made Remus' world turn upside down. More specifically, this one boy.

Alright, hello! This is the new fic I'm starting and I hope it will be longer than 20 chapters haha... Anyway, big thanks to lacklusterlemonade for being the best friend ever and helping me with this. I love you! If you aren't following her yet, do so... Thank you for deciding to read this! Enjoy!