HER LAUGHTER

Author's Corner
Ciao!

Here I am!  It has been a while since I had the idea of ​​going into this story more deeply ... So, I'm going to write some chapters to show you how our ballet dancer and our doctor clown fell in love. I decided to replace the characters of Daoming Si and Shancai with Dylan and Yue, because I feel more comfortable writing about them.  I really hope you enjoy this story! ☺️
A big hug, Lucrezia

HER LAUGHTER

They told me to make her fall in love, I had to make her laugh.
But every time she laughs, I’m the one who falls in love.
T. Ferraris

In the Pediatrics Department of the LifeShades Hospital in Shanghai, there is usually a strange character wandering. He swears he is a doctor, but nobody really believes him there.

It’s because he usually dons a funny red nose that sometimes falls to the ground. He even dresses it up with a thick rainbow-colored wig that often slips to cover his eyes. Or perhaps it’s because he also wears an all-purple costume underneath his lab gown that most people would say, he looks more like a clown than a doctor!

Dr. Wang – that’s what everyone calls him.

“Ok, ok, ok! Guys, I don’t have balloons anymore! I’m sorry, but the time has come for me to go. If Jing finds out I’m still here, she will pull my ears, you know!” exclaims Wang He Di, while three children try to tear off his wig from his head.

“Nooo! He Di! Stay a little longer!” complains one of them.

“I would love it, my little friend! But hey! What is this behind your ear?!” Wang He Di reaches out to the child and as if by magic, a handful of sweets appears.

“Dr. Wang! You spoil them! Come on, get out of here… Dinner’s ready!”

A nurse with long dark hair enters the room with a cart loaded with food.

“I don’t spoil them, Jing! It’s not my fault if they hide candies behind their ears!” he replies, winking at the children, who giggle at his antics.

After giving the children one final hug as a goodbye, Dr. Wang leaves the room. He then gives a long sigh.

“Now it’s her turn,” he thinks to himself with a smile.

He walks briskly and leaves the Pediatrics Department, quickly reaching the Orthopedics and Traumatology Department in the upper floors.

He stops only when he arrives in front of her room. He then removes his wig, but not his red nose, as he knocks three times.

His eyes widen and a soft smile lights up his face when a girl opens the door and greets him with a hug.

“Shen Yue? Why are you standing? You shouldn’t stand up by yourself!” Wang He Di tells her, returning the embrace with apprehension.

“Didi! Tomorrow, I will be discharged!” she replies instead with a huge smile, ignoring what he just said.

He gently pushes her away to look into her eyes, surprise evident on his face. He quickly notices that they’ve never been brighter than that.

“Really?” he asks cautiously.

“Yup! I’ll be discharged!”

“Wow! Well then – we must celebrate! Too bad I ran out of balloons… Wait! I’m going to get some snacks at the machines!” He helps her get back on the bed and then leaves the room.