Chapter 16: Impact (影響)

"Don't speak of my sister with your disgusting mouth. You never knew her, so don't butt into people's lives like that!" You said.

"And don't thoughtlessly trample your way into people's dreams! We won't forgive you"

The demon observes Tanjiro carefully and smiles with delight.

"Tanjiro"
"I got this!"
Tanjiro was the first to charge at the demon.

"Breath of Water, Tenth Style, The Dragon of Change!"

As soon as Tanjiro was about to pull an attack, the demon raises his hand and a mouth appeared in sight.

"Go to sleep..."
Tanjiro stopped his movements for a second until he revived his senses again. The demon was pretty surprised.

"Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep"
What the demon did discover though was Tanjiro was taking damage, as he was viewing his whole family chastising him.

But because of what Tanjiro was witnessing, his anger sky rocketed.
"My family would never say that! No matter what! Don't insult my family!"

Tanjiro then cuts the demon's head off. Though there wasn't really a reaction towards that.

You witness the demon's head forming back as it was sticking with the train.
"That" person told me to kill you, "earring boy," along with the "pillars." Now I truly understand how he felt. Somehow, I feel like your very existence makes me twitch in anger"

Tanjiro looked surprised while you tried figuring out how the demon wasn't dead yet.
"Your expression is lovely! I wanted to see that face of yours, fufu"

You were observing him carefully.

There's something keeping him alive, I just can't put my finger on it.

"You seem to be wondering why I'm not dead even though my head was cut off. Well I'll tell you since I'm feeling great now.

"It's so simple, even a baby can understand. That's not my actual body anymore. And same goes for this form that's speaking right now. I'm just taking the form of a head, but I'm not a head. While you all were snoring away peacefully I "fused" with the train!"

Tanjiro looked surprised while you stared at the demon blankly.
"I see, so I guess you're not just some lower moon demon that's all talk" you said.

"Of course not. This whole train became my blood, flesh, and bones. Ah, your face! Good, good, you understand? So basically all of the two hundred passengers on this train are now to further strengthen my body, as well as my captives. So can you two save them? This entire train is teeming from humans from one end to the other. Can you "delay" me, I wonder"

Tanjiro runs up to the head demon and tries cutting the demon again, but Tanjiro was too late as it sinked down to the train.

"Tanjiro, let's move" you said.
You two started running back to where everyone else is.
"Rengoku, Zenistu, Inosuke! Now's not the time for sleeping! Please wake up!" Tanjiro shouts.

"What about your sister?" You asked.
"Ah, that's right! Nezuko! protect the others who're asleep!"

For a moment now, Tanjiro and you heard muffled noises. Tanjiro smiles as he thought it was Nezuko that responded.

But all of a sudden something bursts up in the air. It was Inosuke.

"Follow me, my minions! Aah! Pig assault! This is the way of Inosuke!"
"Inosuke! This train is no longer safe!" Tanjiro says.
"We have to protect the 200 people that are sleeping inside this train!" you said.