Chapter 5: A Miscast

How often do I ponder about my life choices? When something happens due to me being involved in something, you would think, I will make sure to choose the right choice. However, this is not the case. I mere intervened, I got involved and in the heat of the moment of trying to defend someone, I didn't think of any drawbacks for myself. I always like being alone, doing nothing...well most of the time. After the deliberation regarding the event, I was about to be appointed to be the chairman for it but Yui volunteered to be the chairman instead. I felt relief but at the same time, I kept asking myself why Yui would want to lead this project. It is unlikely for her to take initiative but well, whatever. Still, I was put into an advisor role because Ms. Shizuku had her hands "full". I am certain that this woman probably made up some excuses to avoid responsibility. Now, instead of coming home earlier, I have to stay at school a bit delayed due to my presence being needed for some meetings. I have to let Komachi know. I don't want to infuriate her further. A day of scolding from her is already enough for me. I sent her a text message that I will be coming home late as I needed to attend the meeting with some other guys like Saki and Yui. She responded with some random symbols, "Keep it up! Onii-chan! Do it for Yui! <3 <3 (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و  (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و ". Seriously, what's with the girls texting methods these days...

So here I am, sitting at the table, surrounded by a group of people. to my left is Saki, and Ebina. To my right is Yui. In front of us is Sagami, Yumiko, Hayato, Tobe and Yamato. Now I understand why Yumiko and Hayato needs to be included in this meeting but Tobe and Yamato...I barely even remember the last time they contributed to something good. Anyway, it is not my place to judge since Yui asked help from them. She's friends with them so its natural. All the help needed to make this project successful is welcome. I just hope that things would go smoothly or it will bite us in the ass in the end if it doesn't work. Most of the discussions were about the equipment and stuff for the play. The venue has already been covered but Ms. Shizuku. At least we can rest easy for begging a venue. There's one glaring issue however. The budget. We need to account spending for the play. Yui recommended recycling and reusing some props for the play. Saki, knowing her skills for hand crafting, I bet she can do it but she needs help. I remember seeing her designs for dresses way back. I still can't believe that it was made by Saki. They're too good and too girly, at least for my taste, and it doesn't event reflect how you see her at first glance since she's a bit intimidating. Anyway, she needs more hands to craft things a bit faster. It's evident that she cannot do it alone. Hina, volunteered to help her but and additional grunt is still needed. I used this opportunity to rope Tobe in, by influencing him that he can use this opportunity to get close to her. Now you may think I'm a horrible person for manipulating him to do this to his own accord, without knowing that he was being used, but I'd rather play the devil to make something happen. Tobe strikes to me as a person who just follows what the other alpha in the group does, and it's Hayato. If I don't find a way to separate them, things may go counterproductive. Yumiko and Hayato on the other hand is inseparable, and it's too obvious. Anyway, there are more things to cover for the logistics of this project, I can already feel that it will be a long day ahead of us.

However, things didn't pan out the way I expected it to be. To summarize, the project was divided into groups. Planning, which will take care of budgeting expenses and submitting proposals for changes if needed will be handled by Yui and Yamato. Saki and Hina will take care of the costumes, Hayato and Yumiko will handle PR things for the event while Tobe and Sagami will work for implementation. Since we needed extra head for implementing, aside from being an advisor, I was added with the implementation crew. We all sat side by side with our partners for the project. I don't mind the workload to be honest but being teamed up with Tobe might cause more irritation than warranted. Well, it's still too early to judge, I just want this project to be done and over with.