1~Not a Vacation~

Start from the beginning

"-And then I fell into the lake

"-And then I fell into the lake. It was crazy!" Lilac said, flopping down onto the chaise*. Sophie snorted and handed Lilac her plate of *Taramasalata.

"Yay!" Lilac said as Sophie handed her pita aswell.

"I am leaving for Cariana tomorrow, are you sure you will be fine staying with your aunts for a little while?" Sophie asked, making herself a plate aswell.

"I'll be fine; I love aunt Filomena's pastries! But could I please come with you? I haven't been to Cariana in almost a year!" Lilac asked, putting on her puppy dog eyes. Sophie quickly glanced away as not to fall victim to her sister's baby eyes.

"We aren't going on vacation. We have a critical contact out there, and we need to complete a contract." Sophie argued. Lilac humphed before agreeing and leaving to play with Ricin. Sophie cleaned up around the kitchen and glanced over at the picture frame. It was the same picture that Sophie found when she first returned three years ago, but she replaced the glass, and Maria fixed the frame for her. Sophie as she stared at her father, his kind aura radiating from the picture. He had his arms around Sophie, and the photo was taken right next to the lake they used to visit all the time. Sophie quickly snapped out of her daze and went to get her armor and weapons ready. Sophie decided to go with her light-colored armor because wearing her dark one would make her melt in the thick heat. Sophie polished her wrist blades, which were the same ones as her father's, and also made sure she had the right amount of throwing knives and her sword was sharpened correctly. Sophie laid them out on her vanity in her bedroom so she could quickly grab them and leave.

Sophie saw that she still had some time left in the day, os she decided she would train and help Ricin with his shapeshifter

Sophie saw that she still had some time left in the day, os she decided she would train and help Ricin with his shapeshifter. Ricin was a Lightning Fauna Dragon (a little hint on what Ricin's powers are like), and they could only hold shift into two other animals, and Ricin has only been able to transform into one other. A black horse, but there was one problem, Ricin had trouble fully turning, and his horse form still had his blood-red eyes. Sophie helped Ricin with his transformations until nightfall with little success. Sophie motioned Lilac inside, and Ricin flew into Sophie's bedroom through her balcony and laid on the rafter in her bedroom, where he likes to sleep for the night. Lilac took Sophie's old while Sophie moved into her father's room. Sophie tucked Lilac in and blew out the candle; the only light was the white moonlight coming through her curtains.

"Can you sing?" Lilac asked. Sophie stiffened and nervously tugged at her eyelashes.

"Please? Every time you leave for a mission, I am scared you won't come back. I like your singing voice." Lilac reasoned. Sophie sighed and nodded. She thought through the songs she knew and decided on one she loved ever since she was a little girl. She grabbed her guitar and started to pluck at the strings.

(Start music now)

Sophie slowly felt her voice fill the luscious room as she stroked her sister's hair. Lilac's eyes fluttered closed, listening to her sister's voice, and she fell off into a deep slumber. After Sophie knew she was asleep, Sophie got up and trudged over to her bedroom. She glanced up and saw Ricin perched on the rafters, his tail hanging down. Sophie faceplanted into her giant bed, feeling the soft cotton of her sheets cushion her face. Sophie didn't even bother changing out of her day outfit or setting her alarm. Sophie always leaves her balcony open; she loved to fall asleep with the warm Grecian breeze. Sophie fell asleep to the warm breeze softly rustling her hair and the sound of Ricin's soft snoring.  

Chaise is a type of couch-

Taramasalata- Traditional greek dips and sauces often accompanied by olive oil and pita

Mentore- Italian for mentor. Represents the leader of the Assassins Guild.

 I hope you enjoyed chapter one of Act 2 of Assassins at Dusk! I hope you all enjoy the new layout!! It is experimental but I wanted to change everything up a little bit. Please remember to vote, follow, share, and comment!

_Sibylline_