The Takeover to Start the End

LUIGI:

I made a beeline to Yoshi's office and rapidly knocked on his door. When he opened it, he seemed kinda worried, because I only knock like that when something's wrong. I quickly told him about how Peach was trying to gain total control, and how she was abusing her power to get him demoted to janitor. Yoshi seemed shocked, but then thanked me for telling him. I told him it was nothing, and after, he asked me how long until he had to get the demotion. I told him that Toadsworth would tell him this evening, and that he would start tomorrow. When he heard this, Yoshi immediately tore out of his office with my hand in his, and he dragged me all the way to their office. Toadsworth seemed surprised to see us, and Peach secretly glared at Yoshi. The conversation that happened next pretty much made Yoshi so embarrassed that he started not coming to work.

Toadsworth: What brings you here?

Yoshi: Is it true that Peach told you that I should be demoted to a janitor?

Toadsworth: Yes... Why?

Yoshi: I'm perfectly fine with my job! Why would I wanna get demoted!?

Toadsworth: Peach told me that you were too stressed and needed-

Yoshi: Well, work does that to you! It doesn't mean that it's specifically my job!

Peach: But I've overheard you say to Mario multiple times that you need a vacation!

Yoshi: One, I was joking about those statements. Two, Even if I wasn't, I'd be fine without one!

Toadsworth: ... I'm sorry, Yoshi...

Yoshi: I can keep my-?

Toadsworth: But we already filed all the necessary papers... There's no going back... Not until you've worked at least a month in your new position...

Yoshi: ...

Toadsworth: I truly am sorry-

Yoshi: Peach, you WILL regret this.

Yoshi stormed out of the office.

Before I left too, I saw Peach evilly grin, but as soon as Toadsworth turned to look at her, she made her face full of sadness and hurt. She started talking to Toadsworth about getting Yoshi's position back sooner, but Toadsworth said it was for the best, since too much switching could result in confusion and chaos. Peach said she understood, and that Yoshi should just stay a janitor anyway, because ever since he started, he's acted differently. Toadsworth, to my disbelief, agreed again.

A few days after, Toadsworth suffered a stroke. Peach, of course, saved him and nursed him back to full health all on her own. Then, that night could've been the worst night of my life. It was another meeting, and yet again, Peach was standing by his side. I knew the news he had to tell us wouldn't go well with the others. I mean, I like Toadsworth... It's just that... He's blinded by his love for Peach, and can't see how evil she really is...

Toadsworth: As some of you might know... I had a stroke earlier this morning.

Murmurs spread throughout the room.

Toadsworth: But Peach was able to nurse me back to full health. After that, I began thinking... And, well...

Everyone stares at him curiously, but also with worry. I knew they all secretly knew what was coming next.

Toadsworth: I've decided that I'm getting too old for this job... The position of CEO... And generally, just... Work at all. Which is why I've decided to make Peach the new CEO of the MKH!

Everyone applauds and plasters fake smiles just like I do. Well, one person was genuine. Mario, of course.

After the applauding ended, the meeting was over, and everyone went back to their offices without a word.

This is a living nightmare.

No, scratch that.

It's the beginning of living hell.