Beginning of a Takeover

LUIGI:

It was a normal day at the hospital, and I was giving a little Toad their weekly allergy medicine and monthly inhaler. In case you're wondering, Inhalers here last 2-3 months, and have a little gauge on the side on how many uses they have left. Anyway, that's beside the point. After I gave the Toad's medication, I gave him a balloon and a lollipop for behaving. I gave the father the next checkup date and time, and they all thanked me as they left the room. That was the last patient I had before it was time for the meeting. Toadsworth said it would only take five minutes at most, and that people never come here from twelve P.M. to one P.M. because it was our lunch break.

When we all came into the room, Toadsworth was at the pedestal, Peach standing next to him. I'll never forget what he said next...

Toadsworth: As you all know, I'm getting old, and less and less suited for the title of CEO... Which is why I'm electing my daughter, Peach, as Assistant of the CEO!

Everyone including me stares as she smiles innocently and waves.

Toadsworth: I'm sure she will be a great asset to the team! I hope everyone else also contributes to making this hospital a better place! That is all. Anyone have anything else to say?

Nobody says a word. Everyone stares again.

Toadsworth: Very well. You are dismissed.

Everyone left grumbling and talking amongst each other that day. Mario and I talked about it, and he seemed really happy about it. Let's just say... That made the three of everyone... The only people excited about Peach's promotion were Peach, obviously, Toadsworth, because he's her Godfather, and Mario, because they're madly in love. Sometimes, I even catch them flirting with each other on the job.

Anyway, after the meeting, I overheard Peach kissing up to Toadsworth, saying that he could just make her CEO and that he could resign because he's working too much for his age. He said he'd think about it, and that he was thankful for such a wonderful daughter. I know she's really trying to just grab power, but believe me, everyone tried telling him, but he always dismissed it.

The rest of that day was pretty normal, except that Mario and Peach began flirting even more. I think they need to get a room. Yoshi wasn't so closed about his opinion, which was the same as mine. Once, while I was delivering papers to Mario, I passed by a hallway where Peach and Mario were flirting. Yoshi was going back to his office after using the bathroom and told them to get a room. I placed the papers on Mario's desk after I reached it a minute later, and when I started going back to my office, I heard Peach and Toadsworth talking in their new office. This is exactly what they said.

Peach: Yoshi seems really overwhelmed lately at work and it's really been affecting his mood and attitude, as you might have seen. I think we should move him to the position of janitor to help lessen the load. Shy Guy needs some more help anyway, I've seen.

Toadsworth: Yes, both of them have been overloaded as it seems... I'll notify them this evening about Yoshi's position. He'll start tomorrow.

I took the long way to my office so they wouldn't think I was spying.

As I walked, I knew that Toadsworth's decision would be a huge downfall of this hospital.