Chapter 6: Town Centre Galleria

Getting back to the mall, Chad parked the car as we got out of it while he's milling around. I shut the door behind me, preparing myself.

"Wish me luck," I said before going in.

"Okay, good luck defeating Smiley," he returned.

"Chad, I told you, his name is Slappy," I told him in correction again. "And I should get going..."

Chad let out a groan, rubbing his temples of his forehead. "Ugh... There's nothing not a lot to do out here, y'know."

"I don't care," I wiped off. "How about you listen to some music?" I suggested him.

"Okay..." he sighed. "Don't be long."

I wish I could do that, but I'll be in there for a while in the large store. Like last time, I approach the entrance, getting the key card out to use on the scanner.

-------------

The mall stretches before me like it had before, a monument to shopping, going over to the card reader. I pass the security card over it, having it make a subtle beep sound, and the doors slid open, letting me inside the store, walking right in.

I take two steps into the Town Centre Galleria. I scan the area for any signs of-

Suddenly, I saw a large robot wearing clothes and a cap like a security guard would wear, running up to me, making loud noises on the floor, stopping right in front of me.

He waggled his robotic finger in front of me. "The mall is closed for the day!" he declared in a metal voice. "Vacate the premises immediately!" he ordered like a soldier in a war. "THIS IS NOT DRILL!" he yelled out loud. The security guard placed his metal hands on me, roughly shoving me out the door. "Next time there will be consequences. Disciplinary consequences..." With one final shove, he pushed me out of the store. "Stay out!" The doors slam shut as he walked away.

When my head stopped spinning, I collected myself, considering the situation. I need to keep a sharp eye out for that security guard as I sneak through the mall. I don't want to be stopped by him before I can even get to Slappy.

In other words, I need to find something - anything - to get his attention off of me right onto something else.

I took out my phone, immediately surprised to see my battery being very low in the color of red, telling me I should plug the phone in right away.

I'll plug my phone somewhere in the store unless I can find a socket to put my charger in, I decided, shoving my phone away, heading straight back into the mall. The doors slide open as I approach, and I walked right in.

The mall is eerily quiet when it's empty. My footsteps echoed for what seemed like miles as I past the toy store and the jewelry store, continuing further down the mall until I got over to a fountain with fish statue spewing out water at the center of the store.

I etched my way to the fountain to see full of coins in the inside the water aside in the hope of divine favor... so many forgotten wishes.

Seeing these coins gave me an idea. The store might have a payphone. I can use these coins to contact my favorite author.

I reached in with my hand. I almost screamed, pulling my hand away as soon as I touched the water - it was boiling hot! I looked at my hand, which is a little red. There's no way to reach those coins as long as the fountain is full. Not without burning my skin off. I have to find a way to shut it off.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow, having me quickly go to Cavity City. The sight of candy and chocolate made my mouth water, the store bright and colorful, smelling like strawberries. Definitely a candy destination.