thirteen

"...Y/n?"

You averted your eyes from his gaze, fearing that if you look at him one second more you'd rush into his arms and assure him everything was alright.

"Beck, what did you do to her?!" Peter yelled, advancing on Beck.

He chuckled. "Nothing. She came willingly." His evil smirk was relayed to you first then Peter. "Guess everyone is  really against you, kid." Beck shrugged, adjusting Edith. "Thanks for these by the way."

Rage bubbled in your chest at how easily Beck could manipulate Peter without any second thoughts.

"Stop the lies, Beck." Peter choked, ripping off his mask. You bit your lip from keeping a cry from escaping when you saw his glossy eyes. "Stop the attack. No more illusions. Give me back Edith." He glanced over at you. "And my Y/n. Now."

Beck chuckled under his breath. "You want them?" Beck put an arm around your shoulder, nothing welcoming and friendly about the gesture. "Come and get them." Suddenly, everything went pitch black and your head warped back to the last time you were held against your will in darkness.

"C'mon, Peter tingle." you heard. It was just a whisper but it felt like the words reassured you. One by one, you heard drones being destroyed and tased. You heard Peter's grunts of effort and the how they got closer and closer to you and Mysterio's end.

Beck knew this too, because his breathing was more rushed and heartbeat pounding louder. "Edith, fire up the guns. I don't care if I'm in the strike zone, just do it!" Soon gunfire was heard and you wished you could rip Edith off his smug little face and watch him be powerless. But you didn't because of the way Beck held you hostage, pinning your arms.

Peter continued to trash all the drones, and in the chaos, Peter kicked a drone, sending it in your direction, still shooting. You ducked down and out of Beck's grasp just in time-- he was shot in his side. Ironic. Harmed by his own bidding.

"I trusted you, Beck." Peter whispered, standing over Beck's form. "You lied to me."

"I know." Beck coughed, holding his wounded side. "Stark was right; you do deserve Edith--"

Peter's hand shot up abruptly, aiming a gun to the ceiling. You watched the dying Beck on the floor disappear, a new Beck appearing and trying to shoot Peter in the head. You widened your eyes at his reflex.

"You can't trick me anymore." Peter's voice is so soft, you strained to hear it.

Beck's expression of shock followed him onto the floor, where Peter watched him. He turned to the window and gazed at all the destruction.

You took Edith off Beck and placed it on your own face. 

"Biometrics complete. Greetings, Y/n." 

"Hi, Edith. Would you mind shutting down all drones?"

"Of course. Cancelation process in progress." Edith said, immediately stopping all the drones and sending them back up to their holding container in space.

You sighed in relief and rested against the walls of the overpass. You eyed Peter, unsure of what he was going to do.

Then his attention snapped back to you on the floor. "You."

"Me?" You said meekly, folding up Edith and handing it to him.

He snatched the glasses. "Do you have any idea  how terrified I was?!"

You winced. "I--"

Peter paced. "I can't believe you would side with him!" He eyed you warily. "Can I not trust you now, too?"

"No! No, no, no, it's nothing like that..." You walked up to his trembling state-- but you couldn't tell if it was from rage or sadness or fear. "Pete, look at me." You whispered gently, taking his hands and putting them around you. He complied, burying his face deep into your neck. "I'm so sorry," you had felt some tears starting to prick your eyes. "I didn't know what to do when he came and asked me to come with him... I thought if I came willingly, he wouldn't hurt me and cause you any pain." You cradled his head, kissing his cheek and hairline repeatedly.

"Mhm." Peter mumbled, raising his head and pressing his forehead against yours. "Do not ever-- EVER-- do that to me again. And I mean it this time." You chuckled, pulling back just enough to gaze into his eyes. 

"Y/n, I don't ever want to lose you. You've stuck by me my entire life." He murmured.

You inhaled sharply when Peter's face inched closer to yours, slowly, as if waiting for your consent. You leaned in, and you locked lips. It only lasted a few seconds, but it left you breathless. You giggled after, and Peter chuckled in amusement. 

"We-- we should probably get back." He said. You nodded, immediately longing for his warmth after it left you. He intertwined your hands and you walked back to Happy together, chatting along the way.

"Did you do it?" Happy said, walking to you guys.

Peter nodded. "And the guys?"

Happy gestured loosely to somewhere far off. "Met up with the rest of the group at the airport."

You and Peter sighed in relief. 

"We need to get to the airport as well," You said, watching as the commotion died down around the area of attack.

Happy smiled. "No worries."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Last time we were on a plane, I thought I was going to have a vacation." Peter sighed, slipping into the seat next to you.

You giggled. "Me too. But what actually happened is that I figured out you were a superhero and you had to fight monsters all over Europe."

Peter grinned and held your hand as the captain relayed information about where you were going. "I'm glad though. I got closer to my best friend and girlfriend."

You blushed and beamed at him.

The flight wasn't too long, as you and Peter slept through most of it. When you woke, he insisted on playing some card games with you. You were amused at his childish antics and competitiveness.

When you walked off the aircraft, you walked off hand in hand. 

"You guys are so cute!" Ned walked up to you both.

Peter chuckled. "Thanks, man. Anyway, I was thinking maybe we could  do a double date or something?"

Ned shook his head. "No can do." Betty walked up beside him.

You cocked your head. "Why not?"

Ned and Betty looked at each other. "We kind of... broke up."

"What? No way!" Peter said, just as surprised as you were.

"Men and women grow apart, but their journey together will always be a part of them." Ned sighed. Where was he getting these deep wisdom things from?

Betty touched the side of his face. "You are so wise."

She walked off and Ned shrugged, meeting up with his parents.

You and Peter exchanged glances. He walked you to the front before jogging over to his Aunt May.

When you met up with your Uncle Jay, he had the most worried expression on his face, yanking you towards him and searching for injuries.

"I saw the news!" He exclaimed. "Why were there nature monsters in Europe the same time you were there?"

You shrugged. "Don't worry, Jay." You kissed his cheek. "I'm in peak condition."

You smiled to yourself as he relented and let you in the car, already reminiscing about the fiasco of a vacation you had.