Chapter Three

My evening has been strangely quiet. I sighed in disappointment. I loved my new life but I obviously missed kicking some ass. Today had been one of the most fun days I’d had in a while. Smirking, I thought of Daniel. He was really cute. Infuriating when he thought he was better than me but that’s just what made him more irresistible.

I checked my phone out of boredom, noticing two texts from Ruth asking me if I’d heard about some commotion at the beach, since I was there and another from Jeremy asking me to wash his shirt before I gave it back to him.

I sighed again and turned on the telly. Maybe I should stay out. I’d hate to be attacked in my apartment. I didn’t really want to clean up the mess, after.

Switching channels, I smiled appreciatively at the random hot dudes. My eyes began to droop slightly and I huffed angrily. Did today really tire me out? That’s really odd. I yawned and cuddled up slightly on the couch, choosing to watch White Collar. Modern gadgets did have some kind of charm. Also, I was hot for Neal Caffrey. Charming, sexy and sophisticated. He was like an older version of me!

I smiled to myself as I slowly drifted off into a deep slumber.

I shifted slightly when I felt someone’s gaze on me. My eyes snapped open and I winced when all I saw was bright light. I moved my hand to cover my eyes. Correction, I tried to move my hand. I couldn’t though, since my hands were tied behind my back.

I heard someone growl, “Why don’t I get to give him a make-over?”

I chuckled, “Really Jade? This is what you resort to? Just admit that your silly little Assassin guild is NOTHING with me.”

There was silence for a few minutes. My eyes had slowly begun to adjust to the bright light in my face. If they thought temporarily blinding me with bright light, since I used to love living in the shadows was going to give them an advantage, they had to be nuts. Did they forget that I was living in bright and sunny California for quite some time now?

Jade walked into my line of vision and smirked, “I don’t think you should be talking like that, considering you’re at our mercy.”

I snorted, “Jade, when I get out of this, which I most certainly will, I’m going to stalk you endlessly, ruin each and every one of your missions and make sure that every time someone says your name, it’ll be because of how stupid I made you look.”

Jade glowered, “You-”

Daniel cut her off, “He’s just trying to creep you out, Jade. Stalking? Please. A hippo would stalk you better than he ever could. Did you hear how loud he snored?”

I clenched my fists, “Oh? Still think you’re better than me? Even though I’ve had you begging-”

Daniel slapped a hand over my mouth, his cheeks going red. Jade looked at him quizzically and then smirked, “I see. Nicky’s charm got to you too? He’s a player, Dan. Don’t waste your time on him.”

Daniel’s hand tightened around my mouth. He turned to look at me, pressing hard against my cheeks, and he whispered, “I told you I’d get you all tied up.”