Maroon Memories

Once Harry got into just a pair of shorts the true extents of his injuries were revealed; crimson stab wounds, scarlet cuts, massive scars and black and blue bruises covered him from head to toe, not leaving room for proper healing. Blood still stained his skin, the maroon reminding him of time not long past, the memories as fresh as the blood on his skin. Madam Pomfrey looked at him worriedly. Her face bore years of worry, annoyed by those who wasted her time with silly ailments and fake sicknesses. She had seen her fair share of troubles and her hair was grey with passing time. Harry only seemed to add to that worry, making Harry feel guilty for making her feel worried. 

"Okay, now Harry, tell me how you got these scars and wounds?" Madam Pomfrey asked, lowering herself to his level. Harry realised then that they didn't know what was happening and made up a lie in his mind. He felt it sounded reasonable, believable and wouldn't get him shot. He didn't want them to know his secret, not yet. He felt guilty lying, especially to Draco. He opened his mouth and told the lie, not letting his voice quiver.

"There are boys in my street who are friends of my cousin. They - they did this to me. They hunt me out and attack me, beating me and stabbing me. I guess they just don't like me." Harry lied, putting his head in his hands. Draco put his arm on his back, seemingly believing him. Harry smiled, happy to have somebody care about him so deeply. He wished he could stay by Draco's side forever. Madam Pomfrey nodded, her lips pursing into a thin white line. "I don't want them to get charged because I don't want to cause any hassle. They're just stupid kids who go too far. I just don't want to cross their paths again. Thank you for helping me."

After a lengthy debate, Harry got his way and nothing was done. They couldn't do anything about it.  After all, they didn't have any names because Harry wouldn't give them to anyone. That was that. Harry was relieved that he didn't have to tell them anything. His uncle would have been so angry if anybody had found out that it was he who was responsibleable for any of the wounds he had endured. Harry felt nice, the pain subsiding as he was healed by Madam Pomfrey. There was something, however, that the whole of Hogwarts would regret if they ever found out the truth about Harry's past. Harry felt dread rush through him as Madam Pomfrey spoke to him, unaware that she was condemning him to his doom.

"You should go home for the week and recover there. That way you won't have the stress of school." Madam Pomfrey said as she continued to patch Harry up. Although Harry didn't want to go back to the Dursleys, he knew that if he said anything that his secret would be revealed. It was too much of a coincidence for him to not want to go back and be covered in blood. Scared out of his mind, Harry was dropped reluctantly off at his house at number four privet drive. The door swung open and his uncle smirked at him, a knife already in his hand. Harry, resined to pain, walked in and looked his uncle in the eye, tears falling.

Screams barred the walls is silent echo's that ran only through Harry's ears. Invisible blood coated the floor, seeping into the carpet and vanishing except in Harry's mind. He saw it all. It was everywhere. His uncle loved it. He closed his eyes and saw Draco's worry, Draco's care and opened them now to see a monster. The monster was looking forward to causing Harry pain but Harry didn't want it. He wanted to be free from all of the pain. He wanted to escape. They had patched him up but now his uncle was going to ruin it. His uncle took pride in causing Harry pain, making him feel the rath his uncle said that he deserved. Did he deserve this pain? Draco didn't think so and neither did Madam Pomfrey. Scared, Harry waited for the inevitable pain. His uncle slashed his face with the knife, ripping through his entire face and leaving holes. Harry feel onto his bum, adding to the screams that already haunted this house. His aunt peaked over from the living room but turned away, saying nothing to help Harry. She didn't care. Harry's face was covered in large wounds, holes making him look like a freak. Harry cried and sobbed, curling into a ball.

"Oh, don't worry Harry. I'm going to patch you up, too." Vernon said with a malicious smirk, pulling patches of fabric out of his pocket. Harry's eyes widened as Vernon pulled out a needle and thread and began sewing it onto his face. It hurt so badly, blood dripping from each hole and some falling into his mouth. Why couldn't he just have a normal family? Why did he have to hurt all the time? Even when he thought that he would be fixed he was knocked down again and broken, bleeding and scared again. Harry was never free. It hurt so badly. Vernon laughed and laughed as he sewed it on, Harry screaming in pain the whole time. When his uncle was done, he laughed before speaking. "Here, freak. Now you really look the part. You are a monster."

Vernon held a mirror up to Harry when he was done and Harry looked, sobbing harder than ever. He was a freak. His face was patched up like an old patch doll, each patch covered in blood. He couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts, he just had to find a way to hide his face from them. But how could he do that when it was so hideous? Vernon picked him up by his hair and threw him into his cupboard, Harry's head hitting the wall.

Would it ever get better?

AN - Please leave a comment if you enjoyed the chapter!