Chapter 1: The demon stuck as a statue

Today is the day when I get to talk to the pope right before church opens. I got dress, ate my breakfast, and ran out to the church.

As I got there, I opened the door and saw the pope sitting on one of the seats. I went up to him.

"Oh, you're here, sinner catcher" The pope chuckled.

"Yep, I'm Sally Maplebook! What's your name and why do you want me in here?" Sally introduced and asked the pope.

"Nice to meet you, Sally, my name's Cameron Swordsmen, I am the pope of this church and I want you here because I want you to have an important thing I have to tell you." Cameron acknowledged.

"What important thing?" I asked him.

I went up to him for information about an "Important thing". And that important thing is the demon of pride, Maxie. He's the most deadly fiend that everyone knows in Finland. I shivered, "How can we get rid of him?" I asked

Cameron told me that we can't kill him because demons are immortal but he can get rid of, if an angelic being takes care of him.

I crossed my heart to hope Maxie to be gone. But I'm not done yet, Cameron has an important task I had to do.

"Well he's sealed away in a statue, wanna see?" Cameron asked. I replied, "Sure?". 

I followed Cameron to the back of the church. He pushed away the vines and show me a tall, deformed, extremely skinny, and petrified human wearing a deer skull, has animal legs with no feet but just pointy ends, there's no eyes in the sockets, just hollowed holes, a bone necklace that supposed to represent the victims he killed, and a cloth over his waist.

I gasped, "Is this the pride demon?". I came up to the statue and touched the beak of the skull. Cameron replied, "Yes.".

I stepped back removing my hand from the beak speechless. He told me to check over this demon just to see if it doesn't disappear. I promised him to check it, "Good, now don't let that threat getaway." Cameron murmured while going back to the church.

I didn't have time to ask him if there's another person who watches over Maxie until I heard someone.

"Are you checking the statue too?" someone asked going inside the shrine."Yes?" I replied.

The hooded person went up to the statue, his appearance looks like a friar with a grey hooded cape and a golden cross necklace.

A phoenix flew above me unsuspected.

"Yes? But who are you?" I asked the friar. But he didn't answered, instead he asked me, "Are you one of those sinners?"

I told him, "No, why do you ask?".

"Good, because those sinners ruined me..." He answered as he took off his hood. He has brunette, bushy, and long hair with chin hair and fiery orange eyes.

Not gotta lie that he looks handsome but he looks tired and somehow calm at the same time. He did introduced himself and the Phoenix, Terry and Sophia. I introduced myself too but Terry questioned.

"You wondered around the church? That's odd but ok." Terry confusingly gulped but acts like nothing is wrong about going around the church.

He asked me why I go around the church, so I told him everything about it, "Hmm, interesting." Terry replied. 

We talked to each other for a while until the church bell rung."That's the bell!" I shouted. I went to the church while Terry stays inside the shrine looking at Maxie.

"Ready to guard Sally?" Cameron asked happily.

"Yep!" I replied. I went outside in front of the crowd and went around for bad people. Today in the church is gotta be giving blessings to newly born children. 

Back in the shrine, Terry told Sophia to watch over the witch-doctor while he's gotta going around the town, healing people. He left as Sophia sits on top of the statue.

A moment later, she saw a glimpse of a suspicious floating, tattered, ectoplasm creature with bone spikes sticking underneath them, they're going forward from the front of the entrance. Luckily, I ran up to the creature and tackled them down on time.

This took up to 10 days until the ectoplasm creature paralyzed both Sally and Sophia. And then, the ectoplasm creature came up to the statue and taps it. "NO!!!" I shouted but got shocked, the statue shakes and Maxie broke free with his pupils lit up through the hollowed eyes.

"I... Am... Free..!" He murmured

To be continued...