Chapter 59- Zay....again

Start from the beginning

"It's just some family stuff but it's fine. Thank you though.. um.." I started but then realized that I don't know his name.

"Harvey. I'm Harvey." He said to complete my sentence. I smiled and replied, "I'm Tiffany."

The present.

I eat my ice cream and finally let all the tears out. All the memories flashing in my head. Zach. All the things we went through to get in a relationship and now you are telling me that after all of that, he is just going to ruin it by making out with that slut. More tears fall as I think of when we met, our first date, when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Was all this just a joke to him.

"Hey, excuse are you okay?" I hear a voice say breaking me out of my thoughts. Almost immediately I recognized the voice. Harvey. Irony love to play me apparently.

"I'm fine." I said while trying to disguise my voice but apparently it didn't work.

"Tiffany? Is that you?" he said as he walked in front of me. He realized I was crying. This isn't good. He said down opposite me and said, "Ok, what's wrong?" And as much as I wanted to just let it all out, I held it in and said, "nothing."

Harvey didn't exactly want to take that as an answer. "Do you remember all the times we came here right?" He said and I nodded thinking he was moving on from me crying. "Well we made a promise right here. Don't tell me you intend to break it now after all these years." He continued. I looked him in the eye and realized he was genuinely concerned.

"Zach cheated on me." I blurted out without second guessing. I stared at the table as I hung my head in shame.

Bang

I raise to see Harvey's fist against the table. "That bastard never deserved you and I'm going to make him pay for hurting you." He said getting ready to fight someone.

"You don't have too. It's fine. I just don't get how I could be this stupid. I should have seen this coming. Love like what I had for him is never mutual. I should have foreseen the fact that us being together was to good to be true. " I say to him as more tears start streaming down my cheeks. I close my eyes in hopes of stopping them but instead I felt to hand hold me near my jaw and two soft fingers pass below my eyes. I slowly open my eyes to see Harvey standing in front of me.

"You are not stupid. He's stupid for not seeing the amazing girl he had in front of him. If your love didn't last then it was never meant to be. True love finds a way back to each other. He was never worth your time anyway." Harvey said to make me feel better and I don't know if it was what he said or how he said it but I felt this weird feeling that I only ever felt for Zach.

Zach's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed and think back to all the wedding festivities and Tiffany really did avoid me for most of it. What is wrong with me? Is this all my fault? I felt the salty tears roll down my cheeks and I feel like our relationship was fading away. I pulled the bottle of liquor from under my bed and took a shot. I have been drinking non-stop since the day after the wedding. The burn of the alcohol burned my throat as I feel some stress fading away so I did it again.

While I was thinking, my door cracked open, I jumped up,  wipes my tears and the bottle back under my bed thinking maybe Tiffany came back to surprise me. Disappointment washed through me when a girl with blonde hair popped her head in.

"What are you doing here?" I say as I sit back on my bed.

"I just came to...uh.. to get...uh.." she tried to explain but just kept stuttering so obviously she came here for clout. I mean that's what she has been after since day one.