Ya No Puedo Resistir- I Can Not Resist

Magsimula sa umpisa

               He smiled noting my nervousness at being alone with him. It felt like the first time when we were in his car. “I rented the entire place for us tonight.”

               I couldn’t hold it in, “Why?”

               “To celebrate after all the studying you did.”

               I changed the subject, “Did you see the final product of the music video?”

               “Yeah it was what I wanted it to be.” He said. “Mercedes, this dinner is about you, we’re gonna talk about us tonight.”

               “Okay.” I drank some wine to hide my relief.

               I saw him bring out a red envelope. He gives it to me. I opened it and it was an invitation. It was for the premiere. It was beautiful with black lace the invitation.

               “Your name is already on the list so you only need to show up.” I could hear his desperation in his voice.

               I touched his hand, “I will, Enrique.” It calmed him and our plates had been delivered. Enrique already ordered before we came to the restaurant. We ate in silence.

               “I’m sorry I left you alone all that time in Spain, but I wanted to be with you. I tried to hurry my work but still things kept popping up. Then when we were together, we slept. I did try when I came home that time you went out. I was disappointed I didn’t get to you first. You still owe me my romantic date in Spain.”

               My eyes lit up knowing that he wants to take me there again.

               “I was selfish, Enrique. Sometimes I forget that you have a job. I just wanted you all to myself. I’m sorry.” I said to him.

               “Don’t feel sorry that you feel that way. I just wish I had more time to oblige you.” My heart leapt when he said that. Now that we had that cleared up I could feel another part of me want to ask about us and the future. Enrique looked at his watch.

               “I’m sorry to cut this short Mercedes, but thing for tomorrow’s premiere need to be looked at.” We get up together. Then I already see Tom waiting for us.

               “Her apartment, Tom.” He says to him.

               AT my apartment, Enrique walks me to the door. “This feels just like that time you took me home, remember?” I said to him.

               “I know I was a nervous wreck being along with you. When I kissed your hand I got in the car and started singing in front of Tom.” I laughed.

               He was leaving. “Enrique wait.” I said and walked to him. I kissed him with all my passion. He returned the heat in our kiss. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and immediately went inside my apartment. I fell against my wall and heard a knock at my door. I figured it was Enrique. I opened it with a bright smile but my eyes landed on: Estelle.

               “What do you want? IS there press here hiding around the corner because if there is I will call Enrique.” I said to her.

               “No, I’m not here for him. I just wanted to apologize sincerely for my actions. I was only doing what my father wanted me to do. My father kept pushing me to become Enrique’s girlfriend. You know they work together. Him and my father.” I could see she wanted some kind of reaction out of me.

               “I’m not worried about anything, Estelle. I’m just wondering what your motives on coming to see me are. Last time you tried to befriend me things ended badly.” I remind myself of her deception also.

               “Look Mercedes even though I did all those things I still genuinely care for you. I know you have always wanted the best for me. But you haven’t met my father. I just wanted to say I’m sorry. In fact, I’m moving.” She said to me.

               “Moving where?” I was shocked.

               “The east coast. To see my mother.” That was far and I feel like I needed someone who actually knew me. I tried to hide my loss.

               “So that’s why you’re here to tell me you’re moving away. For how long, Estelle?”

               “I don’t know, Mercedes. I just need to see my mother. And I was hoping to clear the air before I left.”

               I knew she was leaving soon. Possibly by tomorrow. So in forgiveness I hugged her and she just said, “Enrique better take care of you.” Then left without another word.