Ya No Puedo Resistir- I Can Not Resist

Finals came around it was incredibly stressful. During my study times Enrique sent coffee and snacks. Most times it came with a note that said study hard, I believe in you. Every time I wanted something deeper and I wait for it. We talked on the phone once but it really was just about each other’s day. That changed when he asked me, “Why did you quit dancing?”

               I paused long, trying to find a lie but it felt wrong. “Because it made me think of you.” I said to him through the phone.

               I heard him hiss. “How long, Mercedes?” He said. I knew what he meant.

               “Enrique I’m not done with things yet, maybe after my finals then we can talk.” I said to him.

               “I thought we were guaranteed.” He said.

               I teased him, “You didn’t think I would make you work for it.”

               I hear him laugh at the other end. “I need to go, I have finals tomorrow and I need the sleep. Bye, Enrique.” And hung up the phone.

               The next morning I got ready and restudied some more. I had my facts and semantics together. Then there was a ring at the door. I found flowers delivered. They were my favorite, tulips. There was a note this time it had a different message that brought tears to my eyes: Mi ángel, mi amor, mi querida, mi tesoro. My angel, my love, my dearest, my treasure. Enrique was making himself irresistible. I felt like going to him but I need more than to concentrate on this final and I could find him. I texted him after I put the flowers down.

*it’s so hard to resist you now… :P :D

He texted back: *I know.

I felt confidence going into my final exam. I finished early. I went outside and breathe hard and it was refreshing. I went along the building and saw Enrique with Tom. I waited and watched him for a while. I start him talking on the phone and he starts to smile. Then I see him looking at me. I walked toward the vehicle. He gets out and hugs me. Instead of getting in the car he says, “Let’s walk to this restaurant that I know around here.” He hold me and we walked together. I was happy that I dressed up before class.

As we got to the restaurant I stopped him and looked at him, “I got your flowers, and the message. And I have to say, te amo, para siempre.”

               Enrique squeezed my hand when I said that to him. He still led me to the place and when we got there it was empty but a waiter led us to the table.

               “It so nice here.” I said looking around the place.

               “I came here to tell you that the Bailando music video will premiere here. I would like you to come.” I nodded my head but was disappointed to hear he didn’t ask to be my date. “Come alone.” He then said.

               The waiter filled our wine glasses. “Where is everybody?” I asked him.