Chapter 4: Fire begets fire

Disclaimer: I do not own Highschool DxD or its characters. It belong to Ichiei Ishibumi.

'thought"
"speak"
[draig]
Flashback
_______________________________________

'Those are a lot of boxes.'

Strangely enough, those were the first thoughts that ran through Issei's thoughts when he went home today. Even stranger, Rias and Asia were standing at the entrance of his home, seemingly waiting for him.

"Ah, Buchou, Asia, what are these boxes here for?"

"Ah Issei, carry these boxes to your room right now." Rias said those confusing words to Issei, who could only manage a "Huh?" in the face pf such an assault.

"Carry these- What? Why? Whose are these anyway?"

"These are Asia's belongings. Starting today, she'll be staying with you."

Truly, his life really was more lively now.
_______________________________________

"-So that's the situation Otou-sama, Okaa-sama. Will you please allow Asia-san to stay here?"

'What is this anime-like development?'

Buchou said those words so casually, almost like it was already a sure thing.

Issei's parent looked over at their son with calculating eyes.

'Why does it feel like they don't trust me at all?' Issei got that kind of feeling from the stare he was receiving. Finally, his dad decided to speak.

"Asia-san, are you sure that you want to stay here? After all, our son here is the embodiment of sexual desires. You couldn't trust him to not do anything. It's unfortunate but it may be better for you to stay in another house. After all, if something happens to you, we would feel guilty."

'Oi, you are aware that I'm here right? And do you really think that I can't hold myself back on such a sweet and innocent girl.'

[It's sad that you didn't even bother to deny the embodiment of sexual desire thing.]

'Shut up Ddraig.'

Back on topic, Aiko, Issei's mother, was nodding her head, agreeing to the fact that Issei was untrustworthy.

'They don't even trust in their own son! Granted they have a point but still!"

Rias, not to be deterred by something as simple as refusal, continued on.

"Then how about if Asia becomes your daughter?"

The Hyoudou family, in a rare show of unity, voiced out their thoughts simultaneously.

"""Huh?""" The Patriarch, Akito, was the first to speak up.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, Otou-sama, Asia has faith in Issei. So do I. He may be a bit of a pervert but he is very dependable when you need him to be."

"Yes! Issei-san was the first one to help me when I came to this town. He even helps me out in class. So, um, I want to stay with Issei-san."

Issei blushed at their words.

"Issei did?"

"Are you sure that was him?"

'Thank you for those kind words oh parents of mine.' Issei thought. Still, they seemed happy at the praises aimed at their son, so it was alright.

"How about this. Asia will stay here to train to become a bride."

"""BRIDE!?""" Not only Akito and Aiko, but Issei as well were shocked at those words, while Asia was just putting on a confused kind of face.