Turning to fight another soldier that had made his way in through the now broken window's of their apartment, she felt her body return to its natural state of fighting. Thoughtlessly falling back into the rhythmic routine of attacking an enemy, fighting to win at all costs. Trading in blows that almost exclusively landed on her opponents, never her.

Aided by her adrenaline high, she didn't even feel the stinging in her knuckles when she sent her fist flying into her attacker's jaw. All she felt was the sick satisfaction that hummed in her veins when she overpowered the man that was twice as big as her. A satisfaction further aided by the power that ebbed beneath her skin when she let her eyes turn to their foreign silver hue and momentarily silence her assailant's mind. Winning the fight without even starting a sweat.

But her attention was swiftly broken when she heard the resounding bang of an agent's body colliding with something hard to her right. Whipping her head around, Allie's silvery eyes widened as she saw Steve's large hands grasp at Bucky angrily, curling around his forearm in warning.

"Buck, stop!" Steve hissed, his voice urgent. "You're going to kill someone."

Allie let out a faint gasp as Bucky quickly twisted out of Steve's hold, slamming his once best friend's body into the hardwood floor with malice. She barely had any time to react, her body cemented to the ground as she watched two of the people she loved the most resemble enemies.

"Bucky!" She shouted pleadingly.

But he ignored her call, instead plunging his metal fist into the timber by Steve's head. Dangerously close to his head.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone." Bucky spoke, his eyes hardened and his voice murderously low.

He wasted no time ripping his hand out of the floor, grasping onto the emergency backpack that the two of them had stashed away for times just like this. When their bitter reality would come crashing down on them and wake them up from the dreamlike state they had been foolishly living in. A sadly inevitable fact that they thankfully had prepared for.

Throwing the bag out the window, Bucky kept his heated glare on Steve. His gaze swirling with a concoction of fear and anger, and possibly adrenaline as that was all his body seemed to be running on in that moment. Adrenaline and survival instincts, just as she was.

But Allie was so consumed in the horror of the scene playing in front of her that she failed to hear the echoing of footsteps that made their way up the staircase. She didn't even register the faint sounds of ziplines hastening their way onto the ledges of the windowsills just outside where she stood.

She failed to hear the sound of her oncoming doom. But thankfully Melaina held some sense of awareness.

At the sound of a large thump behind her, Allie whipped around and just caught sight of a single German police officer that had managed to crash in through the window. Her eyes flew wide open as he opened fire on the four fugitives. But luckily for her, Melaina flew in front of Allie with unforeseen speed and crafted a shield of darkness that protected them both from the hailstorm of bullets.

Effectively woken from her stupor, she let her eyes return back to their infamous moonlight silver and instantly rendered the guard feeling the pain of a thousand cuts. The gun slipped from the soldier's hand as he wailed in pain, dropping to his knees as tears fell from his forcefully shut eyes before Allie knocked him unconscious.

"Focus, earthling." Melaina smirked as she sent a ball of darkness flying towards another soldier that tried to enter the room. "I wouldn't want to have to carry you out of here like a damsel in distress."