"You told me blue back at HYDRA when I first met you and yellow on our first date." He answered, smiling lightly as he recalled those events. Their time in the HYDRA cells where he first met Allie, the brave warrior who had spent her entire life bound to the then Nazi tied organization. The woman who had caused his ever cold heart to ignite into a ball of flames, burning in a glorious blaze. Igniting his entire being with a feeling he could only describe as true love. A feeling that never left him even after all these years.

"How do you even remember that?" She grinned, a melodious chuckle falling past her roseate lips.

"I try to remember everything about you doll." He smirked, referencing the exact response he had told her 70 years ago to the same question. "Also it's hard to forget blue considering you only said that because of my eyes."

A fake gasp fell past her lips as she met his cocky grin, unable to believe that he had known that after all these years and failed to bring it up. That even back at HYDRA he had known exactly why she said blue and let her believe she got away with her incredulous lie.

"You're insufferable." She fought to hold in her chuckle as she teasingly pulled against his braid.

"Ow, careful with the hair." He remarked with an impudent smile.

Rolling her eyes, she went back to pulling the braid apart. Only to grab a different strand of hair and begin braiding that, a pattern she had aimlessly been repeating for a while. All while Bucky returned to his humming and strummed his metallic fingers against her legs.

But their reprieve was suddenly broken when the show that had been fading in the background was interrupted with a newscast. Bringing the pair's attention to the tv and immediately leaving the jaws dropping open in horror.

On the news was a city in Nigeria, Lagos, in ruins. Buildings engulfed in flames with civilians running for their lives. Plumes of blackened ash rising into the air, choking the sky of light. Debris littered on the ground, along with the bodies of innocents. Unfortunate casualties of an attack that was still uncertain in nature.

But what they did know, was that the Avengers had been involved.

Steve had been there, his face slack with terror as he watched the scene unfold in front of him. Snippets of his immediate reaction to the attack, the guilt that churned in his cobalt eyes with Melaina by his side sharing a similar reaction. Albeit briefly before she faded into a shadow and was seen portalling those inside the building out to freedom.

"It's been confirmed that several Avengers and other unknown combatants were at the root of this explosion in Lagos, killing and injuring a significant number of Nigerians. As well as many relief workers." The reporter claimed as Bucky sat back up in Allie's lap, eyes widening at the nightmarish footage that played on the screen.

"Steve Rogers, Melaina Darhk, Samuel Wilson and Natasha Romanoff all have been confirmed at the scene. Former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, now mercenary Brock Rumlow has also been linked to the attack."

Allie could already see the headlines, Avengers the reason for destruction of Lagos, Steve Rogers leading a pack of vigilantes hellbent to destroy. She knew what they would say, how this would affect his image. Not only his image to the people, but to himself. The blame that would weigh on his shoulders, the weight of a thousand moons crippling him. Crushing his glass heart.

Bucky, noticing Allie's despondent look, softly squeezed her thigh. Instantly meeting her anxious eyes with tenderness. "He'll be alright right, doll."

"I know but this... This is something that the public might not forgive." She replied, shaking her head morosely.

"When did this happen?" Bucky questioned, turning his gaze back to the tv.